Big Tires
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big Tires

crv|oc Rank: Member

Big Tires

Hey guys,

I am getting a 2000 CRV in a few short months and want to put some tires with big treads on it both for some light off-roading, but mostly, and I'll be honest, because I think it looks cool.

So I am wondering a) what tires are good for this, and b) how big I can go before I start messing things up. I lowered my last car without doing research first and ended up messing a lot of things up. I'm not saying I want to mess with the suspension, but I learned my lesson...research before you replace stock parts.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    You can call Tirerack or Discountires and ask them about those light off-road tires.

The reason many people do not like those type of tires is the loud noise on the road, is really annoying.

Besides I do not know if CRV's are any good on off-road because they are not 4 x 4 at all times.

It's not going to rock-crawl but the AWD system will hold its own.

I think its great for light mud, creek crossings, etc.

You probably want to avoid any super slow calculated moves with no low gear range b/c you'll burn your transmission up.

Look at some nice ATs.

Capable Recreational Vehicle, or CR-V for short

Quote Originally Posted by 2C0R0V0 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am getting a 2000 CRV in a few short months and want to put some tires with big treads on it both for some light off-roading, but mostly, and I'll be honest, because I think it looks cool.

So I am wondering a) what tires are good for this, and b) how big I can go before I start messing things up. I lowered my last car without doing research first and ended up messing a lot of things up. I'm not saying I want to mess with the suspension, but I learned my lesson...research before you replace stock parts.

Thanks!
    I come from Jeep world, so I'm in the same boat as you.
    Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S size 215/70R-15 will fit with no lift.
    BFG All Terrain T/A size 215/75R-15 will fit with a small lift.

There aren't many other tires I've researched, but there are plenty of threads that have pictures of completed lift/tire combos.

The only lift I can find on the net is from Old Man Emu. I've heard BDS and Ironman have made spring lifts in the past and will send you one if you call.

Going off E277, look at some youtube videos of CR-Vs in mud, snow, and other light stuff. Here's a couple vids I had trouble finding, but are pretty extreme for what I've found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AcVtREG89Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lyim...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Col05...feature=fvwrel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQR1p...eature=related

My lifeguard walks on water

Dream street legal: 2dr CR-V-sized full time 4wd with 33x12.5r15 Nitto Mud Grappler tires and OX lockers on the front, back, and center differentials. 3.0L I4 diesel. 5 speed manual. 3:1-ish low range transfer case.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements