Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 crv, will 275 45 20" rims rub on the sidewall, need some help?

13K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  rocky 
#1 ·
I know 245 45 20" will work, what about 275 OR 255 WITHOUT RUBBING?

#2 ·
at that size, the wheel offset, the wheel camber, the tire profile (ie, how rounded or square the transition from sidewall to tread), and how much the vehicle is lowered and/or loaded (big subs in back?) will greatly influence the "WITHOUT RUBBING" aspect.
but you probably already knew that. <grin>

#6 ·
Stock 09/10 wheels are 225-65/17. you *might* be able to go 16 I'd be worried about clearing the brakes.

275-45/20? Good luck with that... you're not only 2" wider than stock, but 1.5" larger in diameter. You might not rub the arches, but you have a good chance rubbing the suspension components with the wrong offset.

Personally don't seen any reasoning to need tires that wide, but if you must, try a 40 aspect- at least that way you're the same diameter as stock, just as 245-45/20 is the same diameter as stock too.

#7 ·
I don't rub anywhere...ever...and I'm lowered. 255/40/20 on a +40 20x9

#11 ·
But you can't really compare the RDX to the CRV... RDX stock OE width can handle 245s to start, so you're only going 10mm (4%) wider than stock with 255s. 255's on the CRV is 30mm (13%) wider than stock.

I'm not saying 255s won't fit the CRV, just that it's not an apples to apples comparison...

#12 ·
They're the same car...and no one is talking about OE wheels...this thread is talking about a 255 or 275 width on a 20"

#13 ·
same platform doesn't mean same. have you compared wheel well width, bredth, height, diameter etc between the two?
and thanks capt obvious- I realize OP was asking about 20" rims, but OE tire dimensions give you an idea of what might be a reasonable fit. Considering the RDX OE tire dimensions already start out wider just means that what works for you might not work for OP. It might, but I'm just saying it's something to consider.

#15 ·
whatever...hey, dude asked a question, i was trying to help him out...

OE tire size has nothing to do with the wheel well, or anything that will determine the answer to his question. I mean, you can slap many different tire sizes on any wheel.

OE wheel width and offset, may perhaps be an indicator...but not tire size.

ain't tryin to fight ya...and I know I ain't gonna convince ya...but it is the same car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.