correct air pressure?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: correct air pressure?

crv|oc Rank: Member

correct air pressure?

I have a 2000 V with 2wd auto. It says on my door that the pressure is 26 for a 205/70/15 but I have 205/65/15 on all wheels. What is the correct air pressure for this set? thanx a lot

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    You can put it to whatever pressure you want, there is no "correct" pressure. But for simplicity sake, just put it to whatever it says in your door jamb.
    Switchblade Key Crew #1

does it affect on my mpgs? thanx for the reply btw

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Yes, your mileage is affected; and I would not go as far as putting whatever pressure you want; tires do have a maximum pressure. However, a pressure in the low 30's works just fine. Try riding your V with say 32psi in each tire and see how you like the ride, and so on. Your mileage will be higher in this pressure range. I keep my tires inflated to 34psi and get decent milegae mileage (as much as 31 on highways and 23-25 around town), and I like how it rides as well. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ramosrj View Post
    Yes, your mileage is affected; and I would not go as far as putting whatever pressure you want; tires do have a maximum pressure. However, a pressure in the low 30's works just fine. Try riding your V with say 32psi in each tire and see how you like the ride, and so on. Your mileage will be higher in this pressure range. I keep my tires inflated to 34psi and get decent milegae mileage (as much as 31 on highways and 23-25 around town), and I like how it rides as well. Good luck!
    Thanx! I will give a try starting tonight

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements