Replacement Tires - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Replacement Tires

Hap
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    I have almost 5K on the new Defenders and they are great. Nice and quiet, tracks well, and handles great in the ice and snow in NH. There is no way your going to get 90K on an AWD CRV, but the dealer (Stratham Tire) I bought them from said as long as I bring it back for free rotations every 5K he would give me a good discount on a new replacement set. The dealer also gave me a great deal at 600.00 for all four tires including an alignment. Then I received a 70.00 credit card rebate in the mail from Michelin so I only paid 132 per tire including alignment, disposal, mounting, balancing, and everything. I searched a bit before buying these tires and am very happy with them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Hap
    oh and the mileage did drop a bit from 27 to 25.5 with the defenders on.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    what is the reason you experienced a mileage drop with new tires?

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    me thinks he may have less air in the new tires.

Could be. Also the new tires would be slightly taller and heavier (more tread would do both) and that would affect fuel mileage. I always run my pressures at the maximum pressure on the sidewall for the best mileage and wear.
    "When's the 240 going to be done?" "Tuesday. Just not sure which Tuesday..."

"I really like going fast. Just go off and meditate in the wind, you know? As corny as it sounds it works and feels good. It's a good way to just let the weight of the world off every once in a while." -James Hetfield

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    I had a good experience with Michelin Latitude Tours on my 2007 CR-V 4WD before trading it in. I kind of regret not asking the sales guy to put those tires on my 2013 when I bought it; I only had about 3000 miles on them. Stuck with these crappy Bridgestones until they wear out and I can replace them.
    Chris
    Columbus, OH
    2013 CR-V EX-L AWD Kona Coffee Metallic

What are the best All season tires for winter time?

With only 33K miles on my 2012 CRV, I'm about to replace my crapy Bridgestones Dualer H/L Sport (OEM), Im tired of not having traction under Snow and Ice conditions. Nice winter here in Chicago.
    I have Michelin Defender tires on top of my shopping the list but I'm concern about the low rate reported on Snow and Ice conditions. Does anyone have experience driving on these conditions with Michelin Defender tires? What is the difference between M. Defender and Defender XT? Is Michelin Latitude a better tire for Ice and Snow. I will appreciate any advice.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    ^^^ Forget about 'All Season tires' for winter. Check out 'All Weather tires'. Like Nokian WGR 2 or 3.

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by 8695Beaters View Post
    Could be. Also the new tires would be slightly taller and heavier (more tread would do both) and that would affect fuel mileage. I always run my pressures at the maximum pressure on the sidewall for the best mileage and wear.
    You really shouldn't be giving tire advice.

Michelins, worth every single penny and will last 80,000 miles if you keep your alignment good and air pressure and balance!! Rotate every 5-6k when you do your full synthetic oil changes. I do mine every 6k miles and I change my oil at the same time, I run full synthetic oil, not semi-synthetic or conventional oil, synthetic oil is worth its weight in GOLD. I took in a 450,000 mile CRV that ran synthetic its whole life and it ran like it did when new!!! The 2002 and up CRV's are just as capable, A K24 has a timing chain which eliminates timing belt maintenance

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements