Replacement Tires
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replacement Tires

crv|oc Rank: Member

Replacement Tires

What would be the best tires for my Honda 2010 CR-V?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    I just spent the last month reading about tires, because my OEM Continentals wore out after 23k on my 2010 CRV. I am a devout Michelin man so it comes down to either the Latitude 102t which I understand is being discontinued and if you can find 4 have a rating of 5 out of 10 for snow/ice, or the new Defenders 102t. If your interested read the info on the Michelin site. I bought the Defenders yesterday. As for other tire brands you might check out Tire Rack's website to see what's available for the CRV, and you can read reviews to help. Just be aware that CRV tires have to be rated 102t. 100t tires won't support the weight of the CRV enough I'm told. Look at the tire label on your driver side door frame and you'll see 225/65/17 102t. Good luck.

It is important to get a tire that is best for how you drive and what conditions you drive in. What are you looking for in a tire?

Here is a link of the tires that match your vehicle to get you started.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...&fcb=&sw=false

Give us a call and have a short conversation with one of our tire experts to get the correct fit.
    Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
    Tire Calculator
    Current Promotions
    Interactive Wheel System
    Wheels & Tires 101

You get what you paid for. Get some nice tires and they will save you in the most dangerous environments such as rain or snow.

Quote Originally Posted by crvdude1 View Post
    You get what you paid for. Get some nice tires and they will save you in the most dangerous environments such as rain or snow.
    They will if they're rated good in rain or snow. Take the Michelin Latitude 102t for instance.(not cheap) Great popular tire for the CRV, but rated 5 out of 10 for snow/ice.

Check the test data and user reviews on tirerack.com. You can sort the data to get info specific to your vehicle, tire maker, etc. etc.
    Current Garage:
    2012 Honda CR-V EX AWD
    2006 Honda CR-V LX 2WD
    2008 Honda Fit Sport
    2004 Mazda3 Sport 2.3
    2003 Kawasaki ZR-7S

Don't waste time reading my motorcycling blog Tilted Horizons!

So how are your Defenders going? How many miles so far? i have a 2011 CRV up for a tire change.....almost 32k miles on them.

I am leaning towards Latitude Tour 102T but they might not be instock. So have to go with either Defenders or next choice is GY Assurance CS triple tread....

What is your advice after using defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by twl845 View Post
    I just spent the last month reading about tires, because my OEM Continentals wore out after 23k on my 2010 CRV. I am a devout Michelin man so it comes down to either the Latitude 102t which I understand is being discontinued and if you can find 4 have a rating of 5 out of 10 for snow/ice, or the new Defenders 102t. If your interested read the info on the Michelin site. I bought the Defenders yesterday. As for other tire brands you might check out Tire Rack's website to see what's available for the CRV, and you can read reviews to help. Just be aware that CRV tires have to be rated 102t. 100t tires won't support the weight of the CRV enough I'm told. Look at the tire label on your driver side door frame and you'll see 225/65/17 102t. Good luck.
    So how are your Defenders going? How many miles so far? i have a 2011 CRV up for a tire change.....almost 32k miles on them.

I am leaning towards Latitude Tour 102T but they might not be instock. So have to go with either Defenders or next choice is GY Assurance CS triple tread....

Quote Originally Posted by splendor2 View Post

I don't have any complaints about my Defenders. They're quiet and hold the road. Of coarse it hasn't snowed yet. I have about 3k miles on them.

I also have no complaints about my Defenders. I have 7,000 miles on them now.
    Just start looking for a sale before you actually must have them. I ended up paying $165 per tire which included high speed balancing. Of courst I had it aligned also.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements