Coil Spring Spacers.. Why would these not work?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coil Spring Spacers.. Why would these not work?

crv|oc Rank: Member

Coil Spring Spacers.. Why would these not work?

Just got a 1997 Honda CRV and after much reading there is not much out there to lift these things

However, I have found the coil springs on Camel 4X4 for $260, but I would rather not invest that much money into this car.

After tons of research I have found that most people will build their own coil spring spacers, and I think these look very similar.

So would these work?

Name:  afc-20192_w.jpg
Views: 3574
Size:  12.5 KB

Name:  AAF-ALL56119.jpg
Views: 5308
Size:  24.9 KB

Link,
    http://www.summitracing.com/search/D...Universal/Yes/

Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

So since I need to replace the front struts I have decided to just install the lift coils from camel 4x4 while I have everything torn apart.

But there just has to be a cheaper way.. I saw posts about people installing 10 inch coils( don't quote me on the length) to achieve the lift they wanted, anyone have info on something like this
    Last edited by ohiostate; 07-23-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Wording

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Don't be cheap when it comes to something that has to do with safety. And ............GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ball joints get trashed when running with spacer lifts. your suspension will be fully drooped all of the time putting extra wear on the BJs and they're the first to go. you'll be replacing them quote often.

there's not a big market for mass producing lift kits for these cars. it's hard to find anything "bolt on" to properly lift your car. if you have deep pockets, go custom and get a reputable shop to fab you some suspension components.

ball joints get trashed when running with spacer lifts. your suspension will be fully drooped all of the time putting extra wear on the BJs and they're the first to go. you'll be replacing them quote often.

there's not a big market for mass producing lift kits for these cars. it's hard to find anything "bolt on" to properly lift your car. if you have deep pockets, go custom and get a reputable shop to fab you some suspension components.

Thanks for the info however, I'm already on camels 4x4 waiting list for their coils...

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements