2007 CRV Excessive road noise from the rear or bearing noise
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 CRV Excessive road noise from the rear or bearing noise

crv|oc Rank: Member

2007 CRV Excessive road noise from the rear or bearing noise

Newbie here and thanks for your site. I am on my third CRV for my wife and plan on getting a 2013 new one for her and keeping the 2007 for myself. Don't drive the 07' much but when I did the other day thought the noise from the rear was excessive. I rotate the tires myself and when I did have the wheels off spun the hubs and did not hear anything out of the ordinary.

Have Michelins on it that we bought all 4 new and that tread might be the problem with road noise but I was going to ask if the experienced people here know of any bearing problems on the rear axle that have happened on these CRVs that could be the culprit. Car has just under 80K miles. Thanks in advance for any help. Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Nope , not here with any of my CRV's. And I drove a 2000 CRV for 11 years trouble free!
    Current owner of The Black Pearl 2009 EX-L Nav AWD CRV & a 2003 Acura EL
    Previous owner of an Inaugural 1997 Leased LX CRV and (2) 2000 EX CRV's
    2007 RTL Nav Ridgeline, 1996 Acura TL & 1994 DOHC VTEC del Sol

My Garage: Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    What is the noise you hear? Does it change with speed. High pitch or low pitch noise? Is it constant? Does it get louder or softer depending upon speed?
    Hidden Content <--- Click for a totalled CR-V.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    The noise goes up in amplitude the faster you drive, and it seems to be more right rear then anything. It has 80K miles on it now and I just changed the back pads this weekend myself as they were originals and rotated the tires so I had the wheels off again and looked at it somemore . Looks like a spindle change to fix that bearing, without taking it off it looks like one unit, I have the same deal on the front spindles of my Hemi Ram pickup and had to change one on my 2003 Hemi Ram.

Don't know why this always happens but it seems the problems that I have never happen to anyone else and it is only me. I looked at Acura RDX vehicles for her on Saturday and could get one of those for her and keep this for me but they only offered me $9500 on trade for it. It is fully loaded, even the Sat Nav, roof rack, and trailer hitch with the driving lights. I was looking for more like $13K, what do you all think? Dave

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread