Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tire pressure caps

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Black Pearl 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, sorry if this has been posted before... I tried doing a search to avoid any duplicate posting but to no avail!

Anyways, here the deal - some weeks ago one of my tire pressure caps mysteriously went missing (I live in an apartment complex with a large parking garage). I only knew to check because my tire pressure warning sensor is constantly lit up, and I had heard that the caps also served as a part of the sensor system so that it can function correctly (i.e., missing cap = warning signal also), which might have served as a motive for another CR-V or other newer Honda owner to jack one! I have checked the tire pressure on all four and the weather hasn't been that cold recently, so no anomalies there.

Where can I get a replacement cap? Would my local dealer have one? Thanks for your help!

#3 ·
Valve Stem Caps

X2 with Energy One with one caveat. I have a recollection of reading here that one had to be careful with the metal caps or was it the valve stems? It may have been the valve stems. If the materials were not compatible corrosion could result and create leaks. Take this with a grain of salt because I searched the forum and could find no threads regarding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.