How often do you rotate your tires?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you rotate your tires?

crv|oc Rank: Freshman

How often do you rotate your tires?

Just curious...
    The OEM tires on my 3rd gen were done at 22k.
    I have new set of the Dueler HL and I love them.
    Plenty of meat for snow/rain and very smooth for a daily commute.
    I want to get as many miles out of them as possible!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    What's it say in the owner's manual? I swap to snow tires/wheels in November and back to the OE Duelers in March, so they get rotated then. I'd say every 8K miles is often enough otherwise. You want to get each tire at each position once before it wears out.

crv|oc Rank: Member
    For me, just to make my life easier, I rotate the tires with every oil change. Since I use Synthetic Oil, I change the oil / rotate the tires every 5000 miles.

Ryan

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieCRV View Post
    For me, just to make my life easier, I rotate the tires with every oil change. Since I use Synthetic Oil, I change the oil / rotate the tires every 5000 miles.

Ryan
    That works if you change your oil every 5k but with the Gen 3 I haven't gotten below 10k on oil changes yet. So to make life simple I just do it every 5k - takes all of 25 minutes even torquing them to correct specs.

I think the OP had issue with the OEM tires; Mine were toast at 24k and I followed the MM on rotation - MUCH TOO long although the deullers were horrid tires.

crv|oc Rank: Silver

Gen 3 No Spec!

One of the weaknesses of the Generation 3 Maintenance Minder is that there is no maintenance schedule. You are to rotate tires when change oil. In Badgerland's case that is 10 K, but our friend out in Hollywood, Roman, could be rotating them every 4,400 miles.

I am too damned lazy so mine get rotated with the winter tire / summer tire change. After I get better summer tires, I may make an effort to rotate them once in the middle of the summer. I am still wearing out the OEM Duelers
    Last edited by Black Pearl; 05-10-2009 at 11:04 AM.
    The Black Pearl . . . 2007 EX, 4WD, 5AT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy. W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

measure it

Just measure the tread life of the tires and decide if you need to rotate or not. Easiest way is to just grab a penny or match or similiar and fingernail the remaining tread depth. Compare to the fronts and decide. If they are equal, then nothing is required. If they are different, then rotate. This is easier if you have directional tires (like me!) and can only rotate fronts to backs.

Mile interval rotations only work if you consistantly keep up with this and if your drive is always the same for each interval. I always have some crazy trips thrown in that add to treadwear, so my drives are not consistant.
    2001 CR-V
    175,000 (and counting) miles

AoS
    I rotate them every 6 months (~8000 miles) ... but just because I have 2 sets of wheels (summer & winter)
    Honda CR-V 2.2 i-CTDI Executive Whistler Silver 06/2009
    Ex: Honda CR-V 2.2 i-CTDI ES Magnetic Blue 03/2005

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Industry standard for tire rotation is 5,000 to 6,000 miles.
    2008 RBP CR-V EX
    2007 SSM Fit Sport

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    My tires are directional, whole new ball game!, so I use the summer winter as BP stated. Hal

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Mine are done every 5,000-8,000 miles on my CRV.

Every 5000 on my truck with mud tires.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements