THE Best Tires for the CRV - No BS
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE Best Tires for the CRV - No BS

crv|oc Rank: Member

Exclamation THE Best Tires for the CRV - No BS

I had a horrible and dangerous pulling issue with my new '08 CRV LX. I also read about and talked to numerous others having the same problem.

I happened to read somewhere in this forum where Goodyear TripleTred tires would correct the dangerous problem of pulling on the CRV. I purchased a 4 set of them and I am telling you - THESE TIRES ARE ABSOLUTELY THE BEST! No more trouble with pulling. Instantly the pulling stopped. The ride is quieter and softer AND they have an 80,000 mile warranty.

The original Bridgestone Deuler H/T tires that came on the new CRV SUX! I would have expected a better quality tire AND the engineers to have made a better decision on which tire to use.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by iramback View Post
    I had a horrible and dangerous pulling issue with my new '08 CRV LX. I also read about and talked to numerous others having the same problem.

I happened to read somewhere in this forum where Goodyear TripleTred tires would correct the dangerous problem of pulling on the CRV. I purchased a 4 set of them and I am telling you - THESE TIRES ARE ABSOLUTELY THE BEST! No more trouble with pulling. Instantly the pulling stopped. The ride is quieter and softer AND they have an 80,000 mile warranty.

The original Bridgestone Deuler H/T tires that came on the new CRV SUX! I would have expected a better quality tire AND the engineers to have made a better decision on which tire to use.
    What is the tire size and how much do they run?

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Honestly I really am Happy with my Pirelli P4 Four seasons they are cheap and in a year (14-15K) have no noticeable wear. The snow grip is superb even in slick snow it takes a ton of work to slip and they grip really well and not just for a non blocky tire, they are somewhat quiet although quiet tires aren't going to really silence the CR-V. I would suggest taking the vehicle back to the dealer this could be a suspension issue and why should you take the fiscal hit for a vehicle delivered with faults such as Tires, if the vehicle has significant pull it should not have passed state inspection.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore

Pirelli

I've always liked Pirelli. I remember one time when I replaced original tires (Pirelli) with Michellin on BMW 318I many years ago, the car didn't feel as good afterwards. I've always liked Pirelli. When I need to replace my tires on CR-V, I will definitely consider Pirelli. Pirelli from my previous experience seems to have better ride though they don't last as long as others.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenza....made for SUV's, they ride like a car, outstanding in rain and snow. I love mine and would not change them.

my agreement and endorsement on the alenza tires. wear seems to be much better than the stockers, which were worn out in less than 25,000 miles. it is hard to believe that both tires are made by the same company.

Quote Originally Posted by iramback View Post

I heard good things about the TripleTreds, if you can get past the price. I always run Kumho Ecsta ASX tires on my Accord and CRV (Summer duty only). And BFG AT on my CRV in the winter.

Get anything but the OEM tires.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by mycle1000@yahoo.com View Post
    my agreement and endorsement on the alenza tires. wear seems to be much better than the stockers, which were worn out in less than 25,000 miles. it is hard to believe that both tires are made by the same company.
    I've had mine on for about 15,000 miles in HOT weather, a few inches of rain and 6 inches of snow. No problems at all. These will be the only tires I use on the V. They are excellent for daily commuting as well.

Reply @ EternalCRV - CRV Tires

My tires are 225/65-17 and cost $170 (before any rebates or discounts) at Discount Tire Company (www.discounttire.com). Tack on all additional costs at the dealer and it runs about $800 (again before rebates or other discounts). Money well spent...

i will stay with the bfgoodrich any style advantage or traction or super sport they have never put me down at all

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements