TPMS (changing) when putting on new tires
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TPMS (changing) when putting on new tires

crv|oc Rank: Member

TPMS (changing) when putting on new tires

When putting new tires on my car the tire dealer wanted to change TPMS sensors with a rebuild kit for $14 per tire....is that normal to replace them when changing tires?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by gjkiii View Post
    When putting new tires on my car the tire dealer wanted to change TPMS sensors with a rebuild kit for $14 per tire....is that normal to replace them when changing tires?
    Mine were fine when I went and had tire put on but I'm assuming that I will need to do this the NEXT time I get tires. I think the batteries are geared to last 3-4 years

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by gjkiii View Post
    If you go from Steel wheels to Alloy it's the norm as the angle of the stem installation is different. Discount tire (America's Tire on the West Coast) charged me $8 per wheel........but that was last August so perhaps the price has increased since then.
    Last edited by westham; 03-18-2010 at 01:22 PM.
    everyone wants to be the stage coach driver until a wheel falls off!
    2009CR-V LX splash guards, fog lights, roof rack, aftermarket alloy wheels, cargo cover, gentex auto dim mirror with homelink, compass & temp. front grille chrome accents, Polished Stainless Steel Exhaust Finisher, Hella Dual Tone Horns. Parrot CK3100 BlueTooth Handsfree phone system. Converted to HD HI/LO Headlights.

Smile Changing Rims - Calibrating TPMS

I have 4 alloy rims equipped with TPMS sensors as well as 4 steel rims (for winter) equipped with sensors as well. Can I switch the rims over myself and calibrate the sensors without having to go back to the dealer? Or does the dealer have to calibrate the sensors each year when I switch out my rims?

Quote Originally Posted by Volek22 View Post
    I have 4 alloy rims equipped with TPMS sensors as well as 4 steel rims (for winter) equipped with sensors as well. Can I switch the rims over myself and calibrate the sensors without having to go back to the dealer? Or does the dealer have to calibrate the sensors each year when I switch out my rims?
    I have the same question. Eagerly awaiting a solution!

According to my guide the sensors will need to be flashed with a scan tool. If you have a Discount Tire or America's tire near you they can do this for you. Call your local store for details.
    Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
    Tire Calculator
    Current Promotions
    Interactive Wheel System
    Wheels & Tires 101

Quote Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
    According to my guide the sensors will need to be flashed with a scan tool. If you have a Discount Tire or America's tire near you they can do this for you. Call your local store for details.
    Is there any kind of tool to buy to have on hand to save a trip to a store? I don't have either any where near me.

Quote Originally Posted by erikwi View Post
    Is there any kind of tool to buy to have on hand to save a trip to a store? I don't have either any where near me.
    Your dealership and any reputable tire shop will have the scan tool available. The TPMS system on your CR-V is advanced and requires a Tech-400 which you can purchase but runs around $1900.
    Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
    Tire Calculator
    Current Promotions
    Interactive Wheel System
    Wheels & Tires 101

crv|oc Rank: Freshman

TPMS and new tires - what did they do?

Ok, I've read nearly all the TPMS threads and I'm lost. I just put on 4 new tires. Same factory wheels. I paid a fixed price per tire for the everything - balancing, mount, disposal, etc. (and perhaps something related to TPMS?) Does the tire guy have to do anything when installing just new tires?

My daughter owns a CR-V and tells me that her local tire place charges a TPMS service fee. What the heck is that?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbma View Post
    Ok, I've read nearly all the TPMS threads and I'm lost. I just put on 4 new tires. Same factory wheels. I paid a fixed price per tire for the everything - balancing, mount, disposal, etc. (and perhaps something related to TPMS?) Does the tire guy have to do anything when installing just new tires?

My daughter owns a CR-V and tells me that her local tire place charges a TPMS service fee. What the heck is that?

The only time reprogramming is required is if you swap rims over. If all you did was have new tires installed on the existing rims they don`t touch the TPMS. If you have two sets of rims...one for summer ans one for winter reprogramming is required.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements