how to replace the rear view mirror on a 2011 crv
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to replace the rear view mirror on a 2011 crv

crv|oc Rank: Member

how to replace the rear view mirror on a 2011 crv

I have got a new back up camera and took it ssomewhere to be installed and they could not figure out how the current mirror comes off now it's up to me to get the job done, any help on how together the current mirror off?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore

kbl
    crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by cucumber_melon04 View Post
    I have got a new back up camera and took it ssomewhere to be installed and they could not figure out how the current mirror comes off now it's up to me to get the job done, any help on how together the current mirror off?

thanks
    Hold on to the mirror with your hands and pull straight back and up towards the headliner following the same angle as the windshield, the mirror is mounted in a slip friction mount you can actually twist it a little bit as you are pulling it and it will come off very easy.

Kevin

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Is the temperature sensor already mounted on the vehicle somewhere, or will that need to be routed through the firewall also? The instructions dont refer to to this. If so, it might be worth buying the honda mirror to avoid the aggravation. Otherwise I will just buy the mirror off of amazon.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Sorry bro, I bought OEM, it does the job by reducing the glare from those crappy drivers who want the HID look and those that want a brighter beam, which in my mind is useless cause you cause more of a danger/hazard to other drivers, but it works great and comes with a compass, helps me when I am lost, is that North or West, oh never mind honey I know ; ). Hope all works out for you and keep us posted, ciao.

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements