outside air temp & compass ?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: outside air temp & compass ?

kbl
    crv|oc Rank: Freshman

outside air temp & compass ?

I have a SE and these two items are not standard equipment, I was wondering what would it take to get these added on, Or a DYI Mod, for at least the outside air temp would be nice to have.

Thanks
    Kevin
    Last edited by kbl; 04-26-2011 at 08:13 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    I also have an 2011 SE and looked into adding the compass and temp sensors as well (more so the temp) and thoroughly searched www.hondapartsunlimited.com for these parts from the EX which has these features. There is a compass module (part #78300-STX-A01) that is available for around $45. It appears to install somewhere in the "door lining" (don't know specifically where). I did not find a part for the outside temp sensor. However, I do remember reading somewhere that the outside temp sensor is part of a larger wiring harness in front of the car, so you likely can't just obtain it separately.
    I've seen cheap outside temp sensors at the autoparts store that stick onto the dash, but that looks tacky.
    I don't really need a compass since I use a portable Garmin GPS.
    Last edited by kontai69; 04-27-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbl View Post
    I have a SE and these two items are not standard equipment, I was wondering what would it take to get these added on, Or a DYI Mod, for at least the outside air temp would be nice to have.

Thanks
    Kevin
    Got a CIPA 36400 rear view mirror with compass, temp & auto dimming. Didn't care much for the auto dimming but like it a lot now, nice feature to have. Fairly easy to install with minimal DIY skill. Fits right over the original window wedge. roughly 140-150$ from Amazon.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Super Moderator
    Here is an earlier thread about adding the outside temp sensor.

Outside Air-Temp Sensor Add-On to 09-LX

crv|oc Rank: Member

Gentix mirror

First post here: I recently bought a gentix rearview with combined compass for 239USD, works pretty well. I had it installed (not an EE) and it didn't take long. Not cheap but worth it.

kbl

Outside air temp & compass

I was hoping this would be a PNP issue like the interment wiper up grade as I would like the temp read out not so worried about the compass.

If any one breaks through with a fix please post.

Kevin
    Last edited by kbl; 04-29-2011 at 04:59 PM.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    there's gotta be a little battery powered one you could use until you figure out something more expensive. if you wanted to, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtOnRadar View Post
    Got a CIPA 36400 rear view mirror with compass, temp & auto dimming. Didn't care much for the auto dimming but like it a lot now, nice feature to have. Fairly easy to install with minimal DIY skill. Fits right over the original window wedge. roughly 140-150$ from Amazon.
    happen to have any more photos of this? Did it require much wiring? I'd imagine it must have to attach to some sort of temp module you mount somewhere externally, right?

I went to WalMart and bought a wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer. I think it was around $10. I put the sensor in a zip lock freezer bag and fastened it behind the front bumper and ahead of the radiator. I don't need it year round just when the weather is starting to freeze. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by kontai69 View Post
    I also have an 2011 SE and looked into adding the compass and temp sensors as well (more so the temp) and thoroughly searched www.hondapartsunlimited.com for these parts from the EX which has these features. There is a compass module (part #78300-STX-A01) that is available for around $45. It appears to install somewhere in the "door lining" (don't know specifically where). I did not find a part for the outside temp sensor. However, I do remember reading somewhere that the outside temp sensor is part of a larger wiring harness in front of the car, so you likely can't just obtain it separately.
    I've seen cheap outside temp sensors at the autoparts store that stick onto the dash, but that looks tacky.
    I don't really need a compass since I use a portable Garmin GPS.
    Compass module is located in the rear roof liner near the antenna with 6 pin connector.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements