Wiper Blades
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wiper Blades

crv|oc Rank: Member

Wiper Blades

Need to replace front windshield wiper blades. Any recommendations. I live in Massachusetts so we do get all types of weather. thanks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    From your previous posts, looks like you have a Gen3. If so, I would just stick to OEM blades, unless you don't like them for some reason. You only need to replace the rubber part, not the whole assembly, so they are not that expensive, even from the dealer. See the owner's manual for details.

I know a lot of people are going to disagree....But, Being in the parts business for over 35 years I have learned a thing or two...

About 6 month is all you are going to get out of any wiper blade..So don't but the top of the line and don't buy the cheapest, find a good middle of the road blade and replace them regularly and you will have less problems.

And oh yeh, Dont forget to clean the windshield when you replace them or they will last even less.

I have an 07 as well. I've been using the OEM rubber refills too. Not too hard to replace once you get the hang of it. Easier to do on your workbench under a good light than trying to do it outside leaning over the hood.

I have no patience nor skill to deal with rubber refills. I've been using trico from wipers123 on the front and rear since 2009. Easy swap/install. Getting a new set since drought and heat this past summer roached them pretty good.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    The Florida sun bakes the daylights out of regular rubber replacements so I use a high end composite blade. As noted, 6-8 months is the lifespan.
    2000 Taffeta White 2WD LX and 2012 Opal Sage Metallic 2WD EX-L Navi

Low-end or high-end, it doesn't seem to matter here on the Hawaiian islands, nor when I was in AZ(Phoenix). They all end up having a life span of about 6 months. The only ones that lasted longer(about a year) was OEM. Imagine that? But you do end up paying a bit more for them.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1959 View Post
    I know a lot of people are going to disagree....But, Being in the parts business for over 35 years I have learned a thing or two...

About 6 month is all you are going to get out of any wiper blade.
    FWIW, I've had the 2010 OEM wipers 2 and a half years and they still are in good shape.

CyC
    crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Living in WA (rains to damn much here), best recommendation is Aquapel. OEM ones will work fine or any. I usually get Goodyear ones at Costco when they run the BOGO deal or Valeo ones from Tirerack when they run BOGO deals.

crv|oc Rank: Member universal_cynic's Avatar
    Just bought some Valeo Ultimates on Amazon and they are nice. Previously had some Michellins and they sucked.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements