Gen 2 Bull Bar
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gen 2 Bull Bar

crv|oc Rank: Member

Gen 2 Bull Bar

I'm Thinking about getting a bull bar for my crv. Just for looks and maybe put some lights on it. Anybody have one? Suggestions? Here is one on ebay, looks pretty good. Only $135 including shipping. They dont have any pics of one on a crv, but they assure that they make one designed to bolt on. If anyone has one i'd love to see pics, thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251193216891...84.m1436.l2649

Name:  WH-804_b.JPG
Views: 1774
Size:  43.9 KB
    Name:  superbull2.5blackclose.jpg
Views: 1459
Size:  43.0 KB
    Name:  $(KGrHqV,!lEFCewqIelZBQumsCUYtw~~60_35.JPG
Views: 1368
Size:  79.6 KB
    Last edited by redstang50; 01-08-2013 at 02:49 AM.
    2003 CR-V LX 4WD 121k miles
    2006 CR-V EX 4WD 95k miles
    2004 C-5 Corvette
    2004 F350
    1993 Mustang GT

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Westin makes a good bar for about the same price as the no-name ebay brand. You can find them on ebay too if you search for them.
    "When's the 240 going to be done?" "Tuesday. Just not sure which Tuesday..."

"I really like going fast. Just go off and meditate in the wind, you know? As corny as it sounds it works and feels good. It's a good way to just let the weight of the world off every once in a while." -James Hetfield

I would like to see some pictures also because I was thinking of adding one.

Glenn

I ended up getting this one, The install was pretty straight forward. Not bad for the money. Name:  IMAG0299.jpg
Views: 1496
Size:  23.9 KB
    2004 C-5 Corvette
    2004 F350
    1993 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by redstang50 View Post
    I ended up getting this one, The install was pretty straight forward. Not bad for the money. Attachment 7879
    I bought the same one, got it yesterday, went to install it and the instructions that came with it are useless. It says to cut the splash shield but I have no idea where and no idea where the brackets line up. Any tips? Looks great though!

Quote Originally Posted by AKraZ View Post
    I bought the same one, got it yesterday, went to install it and the instructions that came with it are useless. It says to cut the splash shield but I have no idea where and no idea where the brackets line up. Any tips? Looks great though!
    Yeah, i was was kind of upset that i had to cut the splash shield. but when you look at it, there is no way to install it without doing so. First take off the splash shield, there is a cross member that is underneath the radiator. There are holes on that cross member that line up with the holes in the brackets that come with the bull bar. Clearance to put the bolts on is a little tight, and hard to get a wrench in there to tighten the bolts. but i was able to get it. As for cutting the splash shield, i just held it up how it goes on and cut slits using tin snips. Not the prettiest cuts, but not really noticeable. I'll post pics of the cuts. Good Luck!
    2004 C-5 Corvette
    2004 F350
    1993 Mustang GT

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements