Getting car-wash spray-wax off the windshield? *grrrr*
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting car-wash spray-wax off the windshield? *grrrr*

crv|oc Rank: Member

Angry Getting car-wash spray-wax off the windshield? *grrrr*

Ran our new V through the local car wash to get the road and beach salt and crud off the undercarriage. Forgot to specify "no wax" and now have a little spotty/smudgie-ness on my windshield. Which I hate. Any suggestions for getting it off?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

I actually have this same problem and been trying to find a way as well .

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Try a mixture of Dawn dish soap and water. Careful where you mist it because it will take the wax off the car as well. Just spritz on the windshield and wipe off. Follow up with Sprayway glass cleaner.

kbl
    crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuktanuk View Post
    Try a mixture of Dawn dish soap and water. Careful where you mist it because it will take the wax off the car as well. Just spritz on the windshield and wipe off. Follow up with Sprayway glass cleaner.
    If the wax is still there like a ghost image, try using a clay bar on the windows I have had to do this also, use the same Dawn dish soap as the lube for the clay bar pay attention to the edge of the wiper trail, work that area very well, and rinse very well afterwards, then dry and clean with spray glass cleaner as you would normally.
    Between these two methods you should have a clean window again.
    Last edited by kbl; 03-11-2012 at 10:04 PM.

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Do I need to worry about the clay scratching the glass?

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    no. Clay bars are safe for glass and the clear coat on the car as well. Check out this link.... Yeah it's from a sales site but; the information they share is pretty much spot on.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/how-t...iling-101.html

They claim in the article that clay on older/pitted glass could cause issue which; when you think about the microscopic surface; it seems clear.

Sho
    crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    I always wished they had "we don't do anything except rinse your car off" automatics without the miters, wax, etc for the winter and when you go to the beach. A nice pre-rinse (including under carriage), some very mild soap and a generous rinse of softened water (which could be recycled for the 1st and 2nd stages); all with moderate pressure, like when you hit a moderate puddle at highway speed. No promises of miracle sealants sprayed on your car, no colored foam, no pretending to be a replacement for a good hand wash followed by an attentive hand application of polish/protectant.

9. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements