Routing of Curt brand wiring harness on 2010 CR-V
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Routing of Curt brand wiring harness on 2010 CR-V

crv|oc Rank: Member

Routing of Curt brand wiring harness on 2010 CR-V

Greetings to all. I finished mounting a Curt brand 2" receiver hitch and wiring harness on our 2010 CR-V. According to the instructions that came with the wiring harness (piece of cake to install) the trailer connection feeds out the rear hatch over the weather stripping. Well the wife saw that today and said no way, not happening, so my question is, is there a way to feed the wiring harness so it comes out under the vehicle. I know the OEM harness is supposed to pass through the body but I didn't see any obvious locations in the short time I was working on/under the V. Any ideas would help.

Thanks

Tom

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Premium Member
    Link to Honda install instructions:

https://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/2010hitch.pdf

Lizzurd,
    Thank you for the link. Although the Curt wiring harness does not have the grommet like the Honda harness does the instructions do show me where to look for the opening in the body. I will make it work.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue Car View Post
    Lizzurd,
    Thank you for the link. Although the Curt wiring harness does not have the grommet like the Honda harness does the instructions do show me where to look for the opening in the body. I will make it work.
    Tom
    You may be able to purchase the grommet from Honda if you can find a part # for it.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skadoo323 View Post
    You may be able to purchase the grommet from Honda if you can find a part # for it.
    The grommet isnt sold seperately from the harness.

The existing body grommet should work if it is cut carefully and sealed with a little silicone.

lizzurd,

That is what I was thinking of doing, small slice just big enough to get the 4 pole fitting through it and then slather on the sealer. Might be a good place to use up the can of "Flex Seal" LOL

Tom

please keep us updated. would like to know how accessible this grommet is?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wade0119 View Post
    please keep us updated. would like to know how accessible this grommet is?
    If you follow the link I posted you will see the rear bumper needs to be removed.

After showing the Bride several videos concerning the routing of the Curt wiring harness and also one showing how much has to done to install the Honda OEM one she has allowed that since we don't plan on towing a trailer a lot with the V the wiring harness can remain as is. Score one for the guys. LOL
    Tom

Question about their harness vs. Honda's. I noticed that the Curt instructions mention plugging it into an existing connector. Yet for the Honda, they have this far longer harness that requires taking off a lot of door trim and apparently routing it to the front of the vehicle.

That makes me wonder exactly what the difference is between the two. I don't really plan on towing a trailer (I'd use this more for a bike rack), but having it wired up and ready to use is still a good idea if I'd need to tow something small in a pinch.

2009 CR-V EX-L / 2004 Civic LX / 1997 CR-V LX

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast