What year CRV is considered the best year?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What year CRV is considered the best year?

crv|oc Rank: Member

What year CRV is considered the best year?

We are looking at CRV's... used. 09 and 10 are probably beyond our means but the question stands.

What year or generation is generally considered to be "the best".

I did do searches before asking and did not find this specific question... thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by imanalien View Post
    We are looking at CRV's... used. 09 and 10 are probably beyond our means but the question stands.

What year or generation is generally considered to be "the best".

I did do searches before asking and did not find this specific question... thanks!
    Well, I've had my 2010 since March and I love it. Plus it has a little more HP then the older ones, even the 2007-2009 CRVs. Love it! Treat yourself to a new one!
    2010 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Nav
    2002 Acura TL-S
    2004 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    The three gens have thier own perks depends on what you like the best and want to spend..
    --Click HERE to see my V--

crv|oc Rank: Platinum
    Car and driver rated the 2002 Cr-v the best car ever built in the world and it still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Serj22 View Post
    Car and driver rated the 2002 Cr-v the best car ever built in the world and it still stands.

Heh, not quite but IMO I think that the G2s are the best CR-Vs. By FAR the best looking, get the updated 2.4L VTEC, there are actually aftermarket parts if you look (even a longtube header!) and they can be had for under $10k with low mileage if you keep an eye out. Most importantly, they have the option for a third pedal which went away in 2007. If my wife could drive stick I would have waited for a 5 spd but alas, she needs to be able to drive my car if hers has to be out of commission for whatever reason. Oh well, my 12 second Cobra is a stick.
    2002 Honda CR-V EX
    2001 Honda CR-V LX
    1995 Ford Cobra SVT

crv|oc Rank: Platinum
    I got a 14.5 second Civic. It will lose against your stang any day. Psh... that being said, it's been worked from a freaking 18 second car...

...and it's a stick.

The problem is that many people didn't read that car and driver magazine, but Autotrader always has an add that reminds people that the 2002 Cr-v is a dedicated classic and is worth a lot of money. It's also got a 99.7% dependability rating, and seating for 4 other people, that's 4 chicks you can pick up at once, then you can drive to a club and party out front with your removable picnic table, and then sleep it all off with the seats that all fold into one big bed.

Lol, well I'm not sure about picking up girls in any stock CR-V, you'd probably have way more luck in your Civic and me in my Cobra haha.

At any rate, the sheer number of options in the G3 does make it probably the best from a daily driver standpoint although I will say that once you put bigger wheels/tires on a G2 it rides very much like a G3. I'll bet with new shocks/springs it would be almost identical and the G3s ride REALLY nice...

In the end the looks of the G2 just do it for me... if I get another CR-V it will likely be a G2.5 with a 5 speed and the wife will just have to learn this time... Then I can swap whatever I do to my 2002 over to the "new" one before trading/selling. Next vehicle will probably be a used 2003-2008 Pilot though because I hate how the 2009-up looks.
    2002 Honda CR-V EX
    2001 Honda CR-V LX
    1995 Ford Cobra SVT

crv|oc Rank: Member jakecrv2002's Avatar
    I think my 2002 is just awesome. Have not had one problem! (and it looks cool)

Had a 2010 loaner while my wife's 2005 EX-L was in the body shop and the difference was huge. The 3rd Gen may be a little larger for the driver, but the interaction with the vehicle was terrible. Console, dash, seat, centre stack all terrible.

The rear hatch was nice, but otherwise the Gen 2.5 kicks butt.
    Todd

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Any G-2 vtec 5 spd before the crappy tpms or other annoying electronic nannies. Mechanical rt4wd to muscle out rwd sport cars off the line in rain or snow...
    04 Pilot 05 CRV

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements