USAA Extended Warranty?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USAA Extended Warranty?

crv|oc Rank: Member

Question USAA Extended Warranty?

Good Morning All,
    I have a 2011 Honda CRV EX 4WD w/ 36500 miles. I just bought out the lease & previously maintained the car through the original Honda dealer. I'm wondering if I should consider an extended warranty offered by my financier USAA which I believe is really Assurint or United something or other company (confirming). I've read a lot of good reviews on the warranty, however I'm concerned I'll surpass it well before the car is paid off in 5 years (they offer 4/48K-I drive 15K+ a year). I would like to assume that nothing significantly bad will happen in the first 100K miles. To date I've noticed a vibration/ buzzing noise in the drivers side window seal and at times a fuzzy radio connection and/or drivers side speaker issue. Of course the dealer found nothing wrong when I tried to have them service issues at 35K miles. As a family we definitely use our SUV to the max w/ long trips, ski trips, home projects, etc, but never would I abuse it either.
    I drive respectfully & carefully always keeping in mind fuel economy. I only "get on it" when I'm late picking up the kids from daycare-. I also keep it 100% maintained to specs frequently checking fluids between oil changes before long trips as well. So would you go for it regardless or trust in Honda for the next 4 years (2017) & 48K (84500)? Also anyone have experience with USAA extended warranty? Thank You in advance. Excited to join the forum-more posts to follow after I clear this hurdle!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    If you already have 36,500 on the car and the warranty is only for 48k, then you need to determine if the cost of the warranty is worth just an extra 10k miles. Chances are with a Honda that you won't need anything done at all by 48k.
    2013 EX-L White Diamond Pearl

hood deflector | running boards | splash guards | tailgate spoiler | body side molding | chrome exhaust tip | chrome tailgate garnish | engine cover | weathertech window visors | weathertech cargo liner | husky weatherbeater floor liners | lower bumper steel mesh insert | low tone horn | philips daylight 4 led drl

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    EFish, you also should also compare USAA's offering with what's available from HondaCare online. Last time I looked (see, e.g., https://www.google.com/#q=saccucci+honda+care) they were pretty good, certainly competitive, and available for many more years with a host of annual mileage options.

I bought the lease out & was told if I didn't pay a $9-1000 certification fee, I couldn't warranty it through Honda. ??
    Is that false?

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    I'd try calling Saccucci Honda Care from the link provided as that may be false. Can't say for sure since I've never leased, but can't hurt to call or email to check.
    2013 EX-L White Diamond Pearl

hood deflector | running boards | splash guards | tailgate spoiler | body side molding | chrome exhaust tip | chrome tailgate garnish | engine cover | weathertech window visors | weathertech cargo liner | husky weatherbeater floor liners | lower bumper steel mesh insert | low tone horn | philips daylight 4 led drl

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    I love USAA, but as with all such warranties, it may not be such a hot deal. This is straight from USAA's website (the bolding is my emphasis):

The USAA Extended Vehicle Protection program coverage varies by plan. Each plan will pay or reimburse you for the cost of covered repairs, parts and labor. The coverage plans include:
    Comprehensive — covers all parts of the vehicle except:
    Parts listed under the "Exclusions from Coverage" section of the service agreement which the Assurant Solutions companies will mail to you within three days after they complete the payment for your vehicle. When you enroll online you will see a sample agreement.
    Parts covered under the manufacturer warranty, special policy or recalls.

Manufacturer Wrap — covers all parts of the vehicle except:
    Engine, transmission and drive axle components.
    Parts listed under the "Exclusions from Coverage" section of the service agreement.
    Parts covered under the manufacturer warranty, special policy or recalls.

Replacement parts may be new, or of like kind and quality, which may include serviceable used parts or remanufactured parts.
    Current Garage:
    2012 Honda CR-V EX AWD
    2006 Honda CR-V LX 2WD
    2008 Honda Fit Sport
    2004 Mazda3 Sport 2.3
    2003 Kawasaki ZR-7S

Don't waste time reading my motorcycling blog Tilted Horizons!

Thank You Doug, Wolf & Ratchet!

9. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements