High-Beam Headlights?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: High-Beam Headlights?

crv|oc Rank: Member

High-Beam Headlights?

Hi everyone, good to know there is a forum where everyone has something in common, a Honda CR-V. I just got my 2008 Honda CR-V EX today and I'm so delighted and is my very 1st car. I'm still getting adjusted to my CR-V controls, but it's going pretty smoothly for the most part. Tonight, I was stopped at a police checkpoint, possibly checking for DUI's, luckily I wasn't. I had my head lights turned on to the second setting, which is only one of two settings. The trooper told me not to have my high beam light on, I switched it to the other setting which i believe it is the daylight running headlights and I could barely see the road ahead of me. Is the second setting of the headlights an high beam? Should I be concerned? Thank all you guys for the help, I appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

jlee151; I had my head lights turned on to the second setting, which is only one of two settings. The trooper told me not to have my high beam light on, I switched it to the other setting which i believe it is the daylight running headlights and I could barely see the road ahead of me. Is the second setting of the headlights an high beam? Should I be concerned? Thank all you guys for the help, I appreciate it.

Hi jlee151

Fun isn't it!

twist the knob to turn on............raise lever towards steering wheel to flash "hi-beams"..............press lever towards floor, alternately, to switch between "hi" and "lo-beams". (spring loaded switch)

Hope it gets you going. The info is in the center of the quick start guide "Drivers Controls/Locks".

If you were running with your high beams on, you would have had a blue indicator light illuminated on the dash. If that indicator light was not on, then you were running low beams and they may be adjusted to high. If that's the case, I would bring it to the dealership where you purchased it, explain to them you were stopped and ask them to adjust the headlights to the proper setting. It is possible they were incorrectly set from the factory.
    2008 Taffta White 4WD CRV EX-L w/Navi
    2007 Taffta White Fit Sport

Problem, solved. Thanks late08

Quote Originally Posted by late08 View Post
    jlee151; I had my head lights turned on to the second setting, which is only one of two settings. The trooper told me not to have my high beam light on, I switched it to the other setting which i believe it is the daylight running headlights and I could barely see the road ahead of me. Is the second setting of the headlights an high beam? Should I be concerned? Thank all you guys for the help, I appreciate it.

Hi jlee151

Fun isn't it!

twist the knob to turn on............raise lever towards steering wheel to flash "hi-beams"..............press lever towards floor, alternately, to switch between "hi" and "lo-beams". (spring loaded switch)

Hope it gets you going. The info is in the center of the quick start guide "Drivers Controls/Locks".

Problem, solved. Thanks late08

You're welcome jlee151,

late08

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    I'd suggest reading your ENTIRE owners manual.
    Mitch

2003 CR-V EX 4A Chianti Red - K&N Typhoon SRI - Alpine/Orion 10" Sub and Amp - Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S 215/70-15 - Garmin Nuvi Navigation - Osram SilverStar
    2010 MAZDASPEED3 Liquid Silver - CP-E SRI - CP-E Turbo Inlet Pipe - Corksport Race Pipe - MTEC Super White & Golden Yellow bulbs - 35% Tint coming soon - CP-E downpipe coming soon
    1990 Mazda Miata - (Track Machine) Stock, for now

welcome

Welcome to CR-V ownership and the forum. You will find your CR-V to be a fine machine and this forum to be a fine group of folks. Cheers, Bill P.

9. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements