My New Kayak - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New Kayak

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Most single place kayaks are only about 40 lbs. or less so you should not have a problem. Tandem kayaks are 65 lbs, and are awkward for one person. H

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    I have a wilderness system pamlico 120 kayak. I think it's about 56 lbs. It's not really a problem at all getting up and I also have the bow downs with yakima roof rack. If i get a chance i'll have to take a picture...

New carrier

Put new Thule carrier on and gave it a trial fit. Heavy, but definately doable. Need to find just the right lift I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have a 10' Pelican, with the Sportrack J's and found that the front tiedown scratched the paint on the hood. Anyone else have this problem?

I thought about adding a bullbar, but it doesn't look like they are high enough to make a difference. You only need the taglines for highway speeds, so I decided to just stay off of them, for now. Any other ideas to fix this problem would be appreciated, as I pretty well have that puppy on my roof for the entire fishing season.

Name:  DSCF0001-002.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  71.8 KBName:  DSCF0002-002.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  76.6 KB

How about a custom built trailer like this ??

fixit

Although it is a very nice rig, I'm afraid it would not be very practical to haul around a trailer, as much as I carry my yak. Maybe for the planned, long hauls though...no the wife would probably go nuts on me, if I had that sitting in the yard.

What about foam padding for the tie-down? Or a sock-type device of soft cloth?

9. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements