Should I have to pay more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should I have to pay for this?

Tags
pay
4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  oregonn8v 
#1 ·
I took my CR-V in to the dealership bc my check engine, VSA, and exclamation point light came on and it started cutting out when I accelerated. They charged me 350 to replace the arm actuator. I drive off the lot and not even a minute later the same lights cone on and it starts cutting out again. Obviously that wasn't the problem. Now I really don't want to take it back and shell out more money while the incompotent mechanics try to figure out what is going on. After reading this forum what was happening seems to be a common problem the oil pressure switch which is a lot cheaper fix. Why don't they look at other things besides what the computer tells them especially if a lot of people have the same problem? Who has a brain the computer of or the mechanic? I feel taken advantage of and don't think I should have to pay additional money for a cheaper fix.:(

#4 ·
Unless my vehicle is under warranty I never take it to a dealership. I have a long standing relationship with a local mechanic. The two guys who own the shop are the ASE Certified mechanics and they service all three of our cars. Always honest, perform quality work and don't gouge me on parts or labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.