Pet names for your CRV?? - Page 6
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet names for your CRV??

crv|oc Rank: Member
    I'm hopping on this kinda late, but I called my green '98 Yoshimi, after the Flaming Lips album "Yoshimi Battles the Giant Pink Robots." I named it that because whenever I hear that album, it reminds of last summer when we were cruising around in Jackson Hole, WY. I was a wildlife biologist there, and I had to drive about 100 miles a day to keep track of our grouse and whatnot, so I'd roll down the windows and crank the Lips in my lean mean field machine!

Ironically, Yoshimi "died" while I was listening to the same album on Feb. 15 when we were struck by a semi while traveling on the interstate. RIP Yoshimi!!

V

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

A real new owner here. Have had mine for a week.....named her "My Little Ahh-Sooo!"("Ah-So", for short) Obviously the color is Green Tea.

Also have a 06' S2K I call "Baby Blue". ...is Susuka Blue......Just love them Hondas......your best "bang for the buck"

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    I just got my CR-V yesterday, and I named her Sage as making the change from the Ridgeline to a CR-V I felt was a wise choice for me.

Now, on to the customizations and personalizations...
    FAMILY RIDES:
    Mine - 2008 Borrego Beige Metallic Honda CR-V EX
    Family Car - 2008 Glacier Blue Metallic Honda CR-V LX
    The OTHER Car - 1998 Antique Sage Toyota Camry XE

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Mainly in Oklahoma but spend a lot of time in Albuquerque and San Diego
    Just curious. Any of the newer members named their CRV?

Of course I mean more or less permanent endearing nick names, not the informal (and on this forum unpublishable) names some of us quickly give our cars in certain recurring circumstances.

JPO
    2008 EX AWD
    OK, CA, NM

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    My 2007 EX-L is named "Cali", cause I got in California.

My 2001 Cavalier is "Cavi"

My wife named my 2003 S10 Blazer "Johnny"

My 1998 Bravada is "Johnny Bravo" of course

My 2003 GMC Sonoma was named "Haus"

My 2008 Vue Redline awd is named "Red"

And my 2007 TrailBlazer SS just "The SS"

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    I call my car Sage, after a fictional Transformers character. She is a very wise, and stealthy, ninja-esque character that can transform and strike so quickly she can barely be seen.

I called my Ridgeline Brawn, because he was very brawny.

My Tundra was called Roadbuster, as I drove it a lot and busted up a lot of roads.
    FAMILY RIDES:
    Mine - 2008 Borrego Beige Metallic Honda CR-V EX
    Family Car - 2008 Glacier Blue Metallic Honda CR-V LX
    The OTHER Car - 1998 Antique Sage Toyota Camry XE

Car Names for Pets!

When I saw this thread I thought it was really funny because it reminded me of what my late wife and I would do, we named our pets after cars. There was Mercedes (English Mastiff), Hummer (Black Lab), Jaguar (siamese cat), Lexus (Sheltie), Kia (Chiachuwa, sic.), Beamer (teacup daschond) and some other ones I forgot. I only time we departed from the theme was with the opossum we had; that was George.

My girlfriend and I did have a name for a car she bought and it was Rita and was named after Hurricane Rita which came thru (by) the Houston area in 2005. She was working in the bar then and her bar was the only one that did not lose its power in the area and everyone went there after the threat had passed; she made a bunch of tips which she used as part of the downpayment.

My CRV (she says hers) is jokingly refered to as Baby Durango since it looks like it just came out of the hatch of her Dodge Durango. The body lines are somewhat similiar; both are black and they accesorized similar.

Pet Names

Ok! We will play along. My wife has always named her rides, starting with her '84 Civic, "Saki" then our '98 Odyssey, "Odie" then our '98 GL1500 SE Gold Wing, "Saki II" and now our '08 CR-V, Boo. It's Glacier Blue. One of her girlfriends has the same colour and she calls it "Boo Boo". My wife even says, when she sees another Glacier Blue CR-V, look there's Boo's sister or there's another Boo. Please don't start another poll asking for husband and wife pet names, that would be just to creepy,

Cool Snowfox

Hi there, love the responses and just stumbled on this thread.

I call my 2000 CRV "SnowFox" Coz I bought her in winter 2005 and she saved me from a bad wreck the first week I had her, by a controlled AWD spin-out in some snow and ice.

Since then, she has shown me how well she does in snow, ice, mud, sand, gravel and water. Amazing little hottie. Love her to death. Here she is...
    [IMG][/IMG]

Happy Motoring!
    Last edited by StunGunna; 11-24-2008 at 11:05 AM. Reason: photo
    StunGunna
    "I Drive Like I Wanna Get Somewhere Fun"
    Oh... and I use my turn signals too!

2000 White CRV EX Auto AWD (SnowFox)
    WAAG Powder Black Brushguard, w Fog lights
    YAKIMA Roof Rack w Fairing (Air Deflector)
    Rear Wing Spoiler, Windows Vented & tinted
    Hard Spare Cover, Mudflaps, Rear Light Guards Etc. Other Mods a comin'

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    I call my V the "Fun V" ; yes I stole the name from IRONMAN. But the coolest thing is that my 5yr. old sister calls it the Fun V also.
    Nothing is as cool as rollin' thru da hood with 122 cubic inches

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements