CD Player Question
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CD Player Question

crv|oc Rank: Member

CD Player Question

Hi Folks - just ordered a CRV EX - with the Aero body kit and 19" wheels plus a few extra's but didnt get the saftey spec - isnt that anti collision stuff anoying (especially the way I drive!!) - badly of course!!

I have a couple of questions on the CD player:-

1 - I thought I read that the cd player was a 6 disk changer? - is this the case and if so does it play mp3's on each disk?

2 - On the demo that i took out it said mp3 and WMA compatibale - I have this on my BMW 5 and my wifes MINI at the moment but it will only play a disk with MP3 or WMA and not a combination of both - anyone know if it will play a disk with both types of file on it?

Thanks for your help

Car comes on 8th Feb all being well!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    If you ordered an EX, you get the navigation system as standard (assuming you are a Brit, which it sounds like).

The Nav system has a single CD player, and a PC card slot.
    You can play mp3 or WMA from CD or card. As far as I know, you can use both file types at the same time (I'll have to try it to be 100% sure).

You need to buy an adaptor between compact flash (or SD) and PC card to use them. This pretty much makes the CD player redundant!

There is also an Aux socket (and third 12V socket) in the storage compartment between the front seats.

I believe a CD changer can be added by your dealer, but that would be a bit old school!

By the way, I love the look of the Aero pack and 19" wheels!
    I think the CMBS, radar cruise and adaptive HIDs are fantastic kit, just a bit too expensive (for my pocket anyway).
    Hope you enjoy your CR-V when you get it.
    For 3 yrs drove 2007 CR-V EX diesel
    Now 2011 VW Golf for work and 2006 Nissan Pathfinder for pleasure.
    Parents just bought 2011 CR-V by my recommendation.

Its a company car so the cost wasnt a major issue - but if you get close to overtake the car slows you down too early even on the lowest setting so that by the time you move to the outside lane the car in the inside lane is pulling away from you - I guess you get used to it but i found it very frustrating

Thanks for the info.

I need to get a card reader or something for the card slot so I will look into it and see if I can get one before the car arrives

(p.s. yes in the UK - car is coming from a dealer in Cardiff and I live in Devon)
    Stan
    2007 Boxster
    2005 Mini Cooper
    2008 CRV EX - Black Pearl with Areo Pack 4x4 2.2 d (6MT)

just a note on the PC Card. It will only read a maximum of 999 tracks.

Don't get an 8Gb card and fill it up as you wont be able to see all the tracks on it. I'd say a 4Gb card is about right.

And who needs a cd changer. I have cds that have anything up to 10 CDs on them in mp3 format @ 128Kb. Plenty quality enough for the car.

Cheers
    Dave
    2007 Audi A6 3.0TDI S-Line- Tiptronic, Paddle Shift, 19's, LED DRLs

Thanks DaveC

Have you tried both MP3 and WMA files on the card - does that work ok?

Also is it a PCI card reader that I need like this one on e-bay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAPTOP-PCMCIA-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Stan
    2007 Boxster
    2005 Mini Cooper

I've just put an mp3 and a wma on a card and tried it in the V. It played both.

That's the sort of thing you need yes. You'll need to make sure that the adaptor is capable of recognising a 4Gb card as some can only read up to 2Gb.

Card format is up to you, compact flash, secure digital, whatever you want. If you go compact flash, make sure it is a flash card and not a micro drive. The unit gets too hot for a micro drive as it has moving parts and they wont stand the heat.

There are a number of threads on here about the type of card / adaptor to use.
    Last edited by DaveC; 01-01-2008 at 09:49 AM. Reason: typo
    2007 Audi A6 3.0TDI S-Line- Tiptronic, Paddle Shift, 19's, LED DRLs

Fantastic thanks again for your help!
    Stan
    2007 Boxster
    2005 Mini Cooper

First a hello from me, Thanks guys for all those answers, This was the info I was trying to find out about CD player and PC Card, Need to get myself a PC Card adaptor, Might go for the Maplins 30 in 1 PCMCIA Card Reader, Already have a couple of 2GB SD cards with MP3's ready to go.

Hopefully pickup our 2008 CR-V EX Auto (2.0L Petrol) with Advanced Safety Pack in Sparkle Grey very soon next week or two.
    Last edited by src19; 01-03-2008 at 05:06 PM.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Hi src19.
    I hope you enjoy your CR-V.
    For 3 yrs drove 2007 CR-V EX diesel
    Now 2011 VW Golf for work and 2006 Nissan Pathfinder for pleasure.
    Parents just bought 2011 CR-V by my recommendation.

RE: CD autochanger on Honda CR-V 2007 EX

Hi,

This is some information / questions for Honda CRV Users in the U.K.

I have recently bought a CRV 2007 2.2i CTDi Diesel EX.

During the test drive I was told that the car did have the
    option to fit an 8 CD Autochanger, indeed this is shown in
    the Honda CRV Accessories Brocure.

I know the car is already fitted with a PCMCIA Card slot ... but
    I would still like to fit a CD autochanger - since it is handy to have
    if I have not burned the CD's in question to MP3 format.

I called up my Honda Dealer to get the price of the CD Changer.

The news from them is that they no longer supply the option to fit
    a CD autochanger in the 2007 CRV because of a change to the seat design.

(apparently in U.K. Spec Hondas the Honda CD autochanger is normally fitted under thefront passenger seat).

So my CD Autochanger Questions are here:
    ================================

(1). Does anyone on the forum have any experience with fitting a CD autochanger to their new CRV 2007?

(2). Any recommendations of where I can get a CD autochanger that can be installed somewhere in my CRV 2007 dashboard? (such as this one from Blaupunkt http://www.blaupunkt.com/uk/7607769100_main.asp).

(3). Alternatively does anyone know if any their are any commercial kits can actually be installed on a Honda CRV 2007 and work correctly?

I found this link on the WEB(http://www.caraudioplus.co.uk/Change...da_CD_Changer).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Hi Folks - just ordered a CRV EX - with the Aero body kit and 19" wheels plus a few extra's but didnt get the saftey spec - isnt that anti collision stuff anoying (especially the way I drive!!) - badly of course!!

I have a couple of questions on the CD player:-

1 - I thought I read that the cd player was a 6 disk changer? - is this the case and if so does it play mp3's on each disk?

2 - On the demo that i took out it said mp3 and WMA compatibale - I have this on my BMW 5 and my wifes MINI at the moment but it will only play a disk with MP3 or WMA and not a combination of both - anyone know if it will play a disk with both types of file on it?

Thanks for your help

Car comes on 8th Feb all being well!

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements