Five-Point Inspection: 2013 Honda CR-V LX
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five-Point Inspection: 2013 Honda CR-V LX

Administrator

Five-Point Inspection: 2013 Honda CR-V LX

There’s a war happening in the crossover segment, with new revisions to the Toyota RAV4, Hyundai Santa Fe and Ford Escape all gunning for the popular Honda CR-V.

The all-new CR-V isn’t packing a drastic update, but still maintains a lot of family friendly features which go great with its $22,795 starting price. Add AWD, like our LX tester was equipped with, and the CR-V costs $24,045.
    Check out AutoGuide.com's short and sweet 2013 Honda CR-V Review

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    I just purchased a EX-L Navi on Saturday. I chose the CR-V over the Ford Escape after months of test drives and reviews. I owned two CR-V's in the past '97 and '00 models and glad to be back. The safety tests and bluetooth capabilities won me over.

I think you made a good decision WC. I will be acquiring my first CRV soon. I have owned 2 Elements, and still have them. The '03 has 238,000 trouble free miles, and the '07 has 175,000. If Honda still made the Element, I would buy another ... no question. I love the space and tailgate. The tailgate has been great to help loading, or just to sit on while I am loading, or getting fishing gear ready. I don't know of any other car or SUV with the tailgate. With that said, like you, I have aslo done my comparison shopping. Mostly by reading reviews, but I also attended the 2013 new car show here in Richmond, Va. The CRV has the highest reliability rating in the small SUV class, according to Consumer Reports. Reliability is a major factor for me, since I had to put a lot of money out for previous cars (Ford-new rear end assembly / Dodge Caravan - 2 transmissions and master computer / Jeep Wrangler - clutch and NEW engine at only 85,000 miles). As long as Honda continues high in reliability, I will be sticking with them. I also have a Toyota Camry, and it is still running with 285,000 miles. The Camry has a number of small issues though like power windows problems, and ac doesn't work, paint is peeling. I think my Honda Elements have aged with substantially less problems.

Good luck.

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    I'm on my 4rth CRV, and never had any regrets/problems with any of them.
    Current owner of The Black Pearl 2009 EX-L Nav AWD CRV & a 2003 Acura EL
    Previous owner of an Inaugural 1997 Leased LX CRV and (2) 2000 EX CRV's
    2007 RTL Nav Ridgeline, 1996 Acura TL & 1994 DOHC VTEC del Sol

4th gen is great, but wish they came up with a solution to let short people reach out and close the tailgate, grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostyan View Post
    4th gen is great, but wish they came up with a solution to let short people reach out and close the tailgate, grrr.
    There is a solution for this problem.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-A6dRf1omgL..._Sneakers.jpeg
    Current owner of The Black Pearl 2009 EX-L Nav AWD CRV & a 2003 Acura EL
    Previous owner of an Inaugural 1997 Leased LX CRV and (2) 2000 EX CRV's
    2007 RTL Nav Ridgeline, 1996 Acura TL & 1994 DOHC VTEC del Sol

Rickman...great idea...do they come in 13 extra wide ?....Rick

Tsk, tsk. The European version has a power gate button. We can't even get it as an option.
    Have you noticed how you have to dirty your hands to open/close the hatch?

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    That is what you get for getting your CRV in black

I notice all the dark color CRV has smudges all over the opening hatch. You can see hand and finger prints. Compare to white, silver and gray you can barely see it.

I don't mind not having a power lift gate. What I want are turn signal mirrors and heated side mirrors for the winter time. Granted the turn signals on the CRV are bright as heck brighter then the headlights..... I remember as I was making a lane change and looked in the mirror I actually saw the rear turn signal lights flashing...

The EX-L has heated mirrors
    Last edited by 13CRVEXLKC; 10-13-2013 at 09:03 PM.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements