Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honda CRV engine mapping..??

29K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Kcrv05 
#1 ·
Has anyone re-mapped their Honda...?

I have a 2.2 CDTI and am thinking of getting it mapped, just wondering if any members have done this to their car ?

What were the pros and cons ?

Thanks

#3 ·
I'm curious. Please keep us posted zoot.

#4 ·
I had mine done about a year ago the difference is incredible, nearly 200bhp and a lot more torque (can't remember exact figures), normal driving just going with the flow of traffic I get about 42-45mpg, if I take it very steady and don't go above 2000rpm I get up to low 50's and if I have a heavy foot it goes like hell but still returns around 37

#6 ·
Hi Baz, Yes it's a diesel. Can't really comment on whether it would be a good idea with your mileage but standard parts are up to the increase, though with the higher power remap they advised uprating the clutch. I've checked the claimed power increases and they are 193bhp up from 138 and torque 292 up from 251.

#8 ·
I was also about to get mine remapped but another guy did it and he couldn't feel much difference. They said his clutch was slipping although he said it wasn't but this put me off a bit. Do you know what the clutch can handle as I'm still keen to have this done. I know the gearbox can handle over 500hp lol but not sure about the clutch.

#13 ·
Well...a wee delay in getting it mapped......

But was done yesterday..:cool:

The difference in torque is quite significant to say the least....

There was a "pinking" noise at 2000 revs, a common thing on diesel CRV's, this noise has now gone...:)

As far as fuel consumption goes, its too early to say...

No turbo lag between first and second....

Smoother acceleration....

The clutch does slip slightly when booting it from 3000 revs upwards, but under normal driving conditions its fine...

The car has done 86000 on an 08 plate and the clutch has never been changed, so maybe its time to do it after New Year....

Would i do it again...???

Yes, i would..!

Stepson did it for me, he has his own Auto Electrics business, so hoping for a family discount lol......

#17 ·
No didnt get dyno run done...

What i will say is that when you are in 4th or 5th gear at around 3000 revs and put the pedal down, i found that the additional torque hi lighted a slipping clutch.

If your clutch is a bit worn the mapping will slip the clutch....

All the way to the redline, its a big improvement, in my opinion...

#18 ·
Got our car remapped from 138 BHP 340 NM to a claimed 185 BHP 400 NM in Feb done about 7000 miles had it done mainly because we tow a caravan it has made a huge difference the car used to feel a bit underpowered pulling 1300 KG
Now pulls like the van isn’t there can sit in 6th gear at 60mph on motorway instead of constantly changing between 5th & 6th gear
As for fuel consumption if I’m honest it may use a little bit more fuel when towing on new map (hard to tell & don’t care)
Now I just leave it on cruise instead of driving properly we get 28 to 30 mpg towing

when solo on a clear road if I drive like Ms Daisy can get 50mpg
Overall average is about 33 mpg but we do a lot of very short trips town driving during the week the car never even gets warm
as most of us know cold diesels use more fuel
if we didn’t have the caravan a micro car would be more suitable but even if we didn't have a caravan wouldn’t give up the comfort and room of the CRV
If we get another CRV first thing on the to do list would be a remap the Mrs even agrees remap has made a good car great to drive nuff said

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.