Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moving from a 3G TL to a 2011 CR-V EXL NAVI

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Cruatchi 
#1 ·
well... it's gonna be tough to do this..but looking at fuel prices lately as well as the fact that my TL warranty is up in July 2011. Plus i need the space that the CR-V offers.

I've had the RDX and it was awful... jarring ride and i'm trying to get away from premium fuel.

CR-V EXL Navi seems to offer the closest amount of features that i would miss from the TL... navi, handsfree, rearview camera, leather..but with the added bonus of AWD. i will miss my HIDs and rear LED taillights but no big deal.

anyone make a similar move?

here's my 07 graphite pearl beauty with only45000km ...probably gone in less than 2 weeks as a friend has offered to buy it off me.

#4 ·
I feel you pain

Acura604,

I too went from a 3G TL to a CR-V.

I had a 2008 TL Navi. Sweet car. Now I have a 2010 CR-V EX-L Navi.

It was tough. The HID's, the LED tails, the V-6, the sporty ride. It was an Acura and it was cool. I loved that car.

I needed something more practical. I got the CR-V. One thing you won't miss is the getting in and out "on the ground" in the TL. Also, the winter driving is much better in the CR-V. Not to mention the premium fuel.

The CR-V does offer much, but coming from the TL - it was just a nicer auto and I do miss it.

p.s. I have an '07 MDX also (that eased my pain a bit).

#5 · (Edited)
you can expect crappier handling, and similar fuel consumption.

The lack of projector HID headlights can be fixed. JDM and EDM CR-V's use them. Group buy in BC if you're gonna try to find them :D

and if you don't already have a Honda salesperson that you're going to go to, I can suggest you one in Burnaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.