Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2015 AWD LX White with Tan Leather interior

10K views 48 replies 12 participants last post by  coolwater 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. Just worked out a deal on a family car. 2015 awd lx and they were able to add tan leather at the wife's request. This will be the wife's first car so we didn't opt for all the bells and whistles.

Dealer still has the car for now getting the leather put in. We checked out the hrv also, but there isn't any lx available.

Planning to do a few little mods down the road. Will be adding 35% tint rear and 50% front. Will swap out the wheels/tires once these are beat up a bit. Might add fog lights down the road also. Hear the stock radio in the lx is really weak. We didn't get to try it with our own content.

Interested to know how others are enjoying their 2015 CRVs. Also what oem wheels, civic/accord/acuras can be swapped in and if their load ratings are sufficient.

Cheers.

-cW

#3 ·
Thanks!

Well we originally worked the lx awd lease special. (209 a month) Then I went with a finance deal Instead. Think I got a decent deal with sale price of 23,500 with the leather. Just over 25k OTD.

I've been modding cars for over 10yrs so I'm always itching to do somethibg. But since this is the wife's first car and she is just learning to drive. (Never needed to being from NYC.) I don't mind that the 16 steelies will get curbed to death as she's learning. For sure I'll do the tint soon and swap wheels down the road. So are all honda wheels from accord, civic,crv similar specs?

-cW

#4 ·
Many Honda models use the same wheels. To be sure go to TireRack.com and check wheels for your CRV and whatever donor Honda/Acura model you have in mind. You should be able to see they do/do not have the same rim size, rim width, offset and bolt pattern. For example, the barely used steel wheels from my '99 Acura TL winter tire combo seem to be an exact match for my 2015 CRV, which will make the winter tire package for it really simple.

#6 ·
OK - I am confused also. Why didn't you go with an EX-L.

Are they swapping your seats out with leather seats or adding after market leather?

How much are they charging for leather? I would guess that it would be close to buying EX-L..

Regardless, I hope your wife loves it.

What did you think of HRV - I haven't seen one in person yet.

#7 ·
We didn't want to spend close to 30k on a 2nd vehicle.

Went in there looking to lease a LX AWD CRV for around $200 a month.
Wife wanted white exterior and dark cloth.
Dark cloth not offered, we were going to walk.

Saleman offers factory leather upgrade to any color we wanted for same price.
We chose Tan to match the seat belts, but since it's leather cleanup would be easier.

So for a little over 25K OTD we got a LX AWD with factory leather.
I asked about the door panels and center armrest, and they said it was the whole factory setup.
Just waiting for the parts to get in as they had to special order.
Should be ready by early next week.

-cW

#10 ·
That's a great deal. She didn't need those things. And the white would have had to go with tan cloth. So it would still have been a no deal.

-cW

#9 ·
Thanks for explaining. A friend of mine has a Lexus IS 350 and tore the leather on his seat. He was quoted $2500 plus labor to replace it.

When you get your car - post interior pictures. I am curious. I had no idea Honda provided this option. Sounds like a great deal!

#11 ·
Yes, I am curious how it will turn out also. We chose black leather on the doors and tan only on the seats.
Wanted black seats, but the belts would not have matched. Will post some pics Next week.

-cW

#13 ·
The radio system in the LX using USB thumb drive playing Mp3's is pretty decent. Not audiophile level, but the wife and kids have no complaints.
Should have brought the music along for the test drive, but we forgot. So it's reassuring the sound quality is not bad even with just 4 speakers.

-cW

#16 ·
In other news I have ordered some nice 18x8 inch Rial alloys. Should be here in a couple days.
Tirerack was having a sale on them so couldn't resist.
Now just have to wait till discount tire on ebay has their $100 off $400 sale to get some tires.

-cW

#19 ·
I've heard of and seen the slip on after market covers.
Take off the factory cloth and slip on the aftermarket leather. Some actually look
really good.
There is no aftermarket option for this from Honda.
The factory leather in my 2010 was very nice. In the '15, its very thin with a bunch of air holes.
And the only black carpet is terrible, definitely cutting productions options and thus cost.

#20 ·
You are right, what I have is neither the 2015 perforated leather nor the more ruffled style from previous years. My seats basically look like the 2015 style without the holes. So it very well may be aftermarket.

Also the center armrest and door pulls were not swapped but just wrapped in black leather. Color match was perfect though. We'll see if it holds up in the longterm.

-cW

#21 · (Edited)
They could very well be Katzkin leather seats as some dealers do offer that as an option. When I was looking at the new Murano's they do business with Katzkin and would have leather installed if I opted for a trim that had cloth. Didn't get the Murano, but point being more dealers are starting to offer this as an option since they may get more vehicle sales out of it. There's a Honda dealer not too far from me that's also doing that now.

Changing the wheels is really going to finish the look. Like white CR-V's quite a bit. Best of luck with it.

#22 ·
They could very well be Katzkin leather seats as some dealers do offer that as an option. When I was looking at the new Murano's they do business with Katzkin and would have leather installed if I opted for a trim that had cloth. Didn't get the Murano, but point being more dealers are starting to offer this as an option since they may get more vehicle sales out of it. There's a Honda dealer not too far from me that's also doing that now.

Chaning the wheels is really going to finish the look. Like white CR-V's quite a bit. Best of luck with it.
Thanks a lot Wolf. I just checked out the Katzkin website and the product does look very similar to what I got. Looks like a proper aftermarket leather solution. Their custom setups look nice with the contrast stitching and different inserts.

-cW

#23 ·
Wheels got here fast. These are rial como 18x8 et45 wheels. They are a German brand so quality is top notch. Some quick pics.

-cW

#28 ·
If you and your wife are happy, that's all that matters.

But in reference to my previous post, you should have bought an EX-L. Those wheels and 18" tires will set you back a bundle. Plus you could had have had all kinds of added stuff, that depending on where you live, are not just bells and whistles. eg. Heated front seats. Heated side mirrors. Privacy glass. Cargo cover. Security system. Auto headlights. Fog lights. Auto climate control. Variable wipers. Power seats. (Some of us would not even consider a new vehicle without those features.)

And there's even more. But, different things are important to different people.

#31 ·
Spending EXL money would have had me looking at a different vehicle. I would have shopped for a Q3/Q5 instead. There are advantages to adding aftermarket compared to buying a higher trim when you consider having to pay property tax on a vehicle's book value every 6 months plus the higher insurance. However, the sooner the vehicle's value gets under 20k, then I'm completely in a lower bracket. First 20k gets tax relief.

This is the first and only vehicle ever for the wife so even she didn't want to go all out while she is learning. I expect it to last a while so once my kids get their license, it can be their first car also. I mean even the LX AWD trim is nicer than some of the EXL's from like 5 yrs ago.

The leather was free, the wheels/tires will run about 1k, Tint about $200 and we should be good to go.
The only things I personally miss from the EX trim are the extra interior lights, fog lights and bigger center console screen.

-cW

#30 ·
A few other little goodies on the way.
Shark fin for the rear antenna inbound.
LED interior/plate bulbs inbound.
Leather steering wheel DIY kit has arrived.

-cW

#34 ·
You'll end up spending as much, or more, as a EX-L would have cost you. Leather free? Are you for real? Then you paid too much for the vehicle. And what are you talking about paying property tax? You'll never get close to what an EX-L has with aftermarket stuff. Just look at the steering wheel cover. Looks terrible.

Anyway, to each their own. You don't have to defend how you spend your money. But don't try to justify using nonsense reasoning.

#35 ·
You are truly an idiot speaking about something you know nothing about. Why don't you Google search vehicle personal property tax and let me know what you find...

Oh and thanks for the warm welcome!!!

-cW

#39 ·
So the install of the sharkfin was pretty easy. Cost $13 shipped from China. Color match is pretty good. Quality paint job. Came with 3m tape and 1 screw bolt and nut.

You basically twist off the old antenna and screw the new sharkfin internal antenna to the base. Then test fit, mark with masking tape the right placement. Then peel and stick. Here is the end result:

-cW

#41 ·
Thanks Coastie.
I'm sure it'll turn out fine.
Install was very easy.

Just waiting on led bulbs to arrive for the next mod.

-cW

#42 ·
Found a great deal from tirerack on 225/60 18 michelin tires for under $400 shipped. Installed the wheels finally. Waiting on honda hubcap stickers.

-cW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#45 ·
Thanks. I want to also get the partial running boards and add the door protective mouldings.

Will be going in soon for first oil change and ecu update to fix the engine vibration issues.

-cW

#47 ·
Wrapped the side mirrors with glossy black vinyl and put on the honda centercap stickers.

-cW

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.