2004 CRV EX from TORONTO! - Page 10
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 2004 CRV EX from TORONTO!

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Haha yah me too, not bad for 100$ CDN used has a few rust spots but that should be a relatively easy cover up haha.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Ahh my toys

Winter storm was coming so removed my roof basket....should have left it on lol.

Basket back on :lol:

Thanks (Received)
    Looking good thusee!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2013 CRV EX (wife's)
    2014 Civic LX Sedan (mine)

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Thanks (Received)
    Very nice thusee!

Thanks (Received)
    thanks lots to come for both vehicles i'll post updates as they happen.

Thanks (Received)
    crv has been running great for a while and then the rear vibration damper broke so now between 80 and 90 km/h it vibrates so i either have to stay below 80 or above 90 until i fix it haha.

Other than that it runs like a dream like out of the dealer and couldn't be happier with the engine swap.

Time to start saving for the 6spd swap since all maintenance work is now complete on to the upgrades

One thing i did change is the spark plugs as i didn't do it during the engine swap and figured i would just do it later......
    So Out with the old and in with the new

On a side note: the prelude passed its emissions test yesterday and next weekend it is going in for its new engine swap, and then once i break in the clutch and make sure everything is running how it should it will be time to hit the track mid JUNE!!! Can't wait.

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Thanks (Received)
    Its good to hear that your V is running well. I think you can just add the 6th gear on your V. Search the Internet especially the TSX & the Element Forums. I have read that you just buy the 6th gear & the tranny housing has a provision for it. Good luck.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by otto888man View Post
    Its good to hear that your V is running well. I think you can just add the 6th gear on your V. Search the Internet especially the TSX & the Element Forums. I have read that you just buy the 6th gear & the tranny housing has a provision for it. Good luck.
    Yep i have done all the research already, our trany has a spacer where the 6th gearset goes. So just have to pop out the spacer and pop in the 6th gear from a tsx and either modify a bracket or replace with a tsx bracket so it allows our shifter to go down from 5 to 6. That will put the R to the right of 6.

Overall cost should be around $700 CAD parts and labour, parts being about $300. I won't need to replace any seals or my clutch since i did all that when i did the engine swap, just didn't have enough funds to do the 6spd swap at the same time so later this year the swap will happen .

Thanks (Received)
    So I decided to tackle a rear fog light mod on my V. I looked around for an oem option so I don't have something sticking out the bottom of my bumper.

Option 1: Retrofit one of the rear bumper reflectors with a light that can be activated with a switch.
    Option 2: Retrofit the tail light so the bottom left corner acts as a fog light just like in UK (found this oout on the facebook page)

Seeing that our housing has a spot for a bulb there i just drilled the hole to accommodate a bulb and socket and here are the results. I am not done yet, still need to run the wiring from the front to the back with a relay and switch.

PS: The Dinging sound is my battery charger that i was using to test the light, when you put it to off it dings lol

Here is a little video of it in action.

Last edited by thusee; 05-08-2017 at 08:42 AM.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910