2016 CRV EX mpg and tank capacity question
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 CRV EX mpg and tank capacity question

crv|oc Rank: Member

Unhappy 2016 CRV EX mpg and tank capacity question

Hello All,

I joined today in crvownersclub and really excited to meet you all ! :-). I bought 2016 CRV EX 2WD in last August and right now 4625 miles on it. My dealer told me tank capacity is ~15 gallons but I never filled it more than 12 gallons (normally I would fill it when it is showing 40 miles left). Also car is giving 26 mpg total (including freeway and local roads). Is it common ? I went and asked dealer, he said may be bad fuel ?. I always use Costco regular gas (when I first bought the car, dealer told me no need of premium grade). He recommended me to use Chevron or Phillips 66 premium. Is Costco gas not good ?. Please give me your inputs. I want to increase mpg and protect engine life.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Forgot to ask before, how to set FM display settings, that it will show complete track info (singer, song name etc). I used to get it my old totaled VW Eos and not getting this in CRV. Tried different ways but no luck.

The range you see is before you hit the last 2 and a bit gallons left in the tank. Most of my fill ups are the same 12-13 gallon range.
    Mpg: lots of short journeys and winter fuel can reduce mpg to 24-25 mpg. Hit the highway and 31-33 is possible.
    See my fuelly best and worst tanks. I don't adjust the city highway split accurately but do track everything else on the money.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Rocky for the reply. Which app you are using to track miles. Also which brand gas you are using. Is Costco gas good or bad for CRV.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    It all depends on where you live (ambient temperatures) how you drive, proper tire inflation, etc., etc.. In Summer weather, I routinely get 30, now at zero degrees (or colder) I'm getting about 24-25! If you look at the Top Tier website, you'll see all the various fuels that qualify for Top Tier designation (I think Costco is one of them) Use of some of the accessories (a/c for example) will make the engine work harder=lower mileage !! Craig

Page 72 of the printed owners manual states the Low Fuel Indicator lamp will "Come on when the fuel reserve is running low (approximately 2.3 U.S. gal./8.6 Liter left)."

2016 CRV EX mpg and tank capacity question

Quote Originally Posted by venkat51286 View Post
    Thanks Rocky for the reply. Which app you are using to track miles. Also which brand gas you are using. Is Costco gas good or bad for CRV.
    Www.fuelly.com available at the App Store.
    Last edited by rocky; 01-11-2017 at 12:41 AM.

We have two 2016 CRV AWD Tourings in the family and one being used for 90% of highway driving will consistently get above 31 MPG. The other CRV used for 70% city driving, 30% high riving will get around 27 MPG.

Quote Originally Posted by venkat51286 View Post
    I use Costco gas 80% of the time with now issues

Coming from 04 Pilot to 2016 CRV seeing anything above 20 mpg is a blessing to me.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast