Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

7" Screen Protector

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Wombat 
#1 · (Edited)
Has any other owner fitted a screen protector to their 7" Entertainment - Sat/Nav screen?

I would like to know what the name of the part is that is marked with a Red Arrow in the picture?
I think it is a light sensor for the amount of light inside the cabin, other than that I have no idea.
I want to get a Screen Protector from NuShield but don't want to cover that area if it is indeed a light sensor.
If the part is not important it will make it easier for NuShield to cut the custom screen protector for me.

Diagram Text

Also my screen size is:

200.0 mm Diagonally
173.0 mm Wide
117.0 mm High

Could somebody measure their USA CRV screen for me please and see if it is the same size, if it is within a millimeter or so,
then I can get NuShield to just cut a reversal of the USA protector, as the unnamed part in the picture is on the other side of my touch screen.

Automotive navigation system Electronics Gps navigation device Technology Electronic device

See less See more
#4 ·
I'll try to measure mine tonight, but I have to imagine yours is the same as the US version, just reversed. I did put a matte screen protector on mine, that was cut very well for the screen and had the cut-out for that sensor (at least I assume that what it is). Frankly, I should have just taken an extra iPad screen protector and cut it down to size. The screen protector does cut down on glare, but it picks up fingerprints quite a bit, so I'm not sure it's really an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.