Hidden Gems?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Gems?

crv|oc Rank: Member

Hidden Gems?

I thought I would make a thread for little hidden gems that you find in your CRV so that you can share with others.

To kick things off I found a handy little pocket in the lower dash above my left knee.
    15 CRV Touring
    11 Sierra Z71
    91 MR2 Turbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Great thread. I'm curious to see what other people post. What do you keep in the little spot over your left knee? I'm a little dissapointed in the storage space so I'm trying to figure out what will fit there. In my old car, there was a little drawer in that spot which was great for keeping spare change and money for tolls. I don't really think that little spot will work for that as it would probably spill out. I'm trying to find a little change purse that will fit in there but so far, haven't found anything.

I do like the little mirror on the overhead sunglass holder for keeping an eye on the backseat

I had the same little pocket in my old car. I would put my various gate access cards there or my apartments gate remote. It was convenient. I no longer have the gate cards and my remote is too large for this little cubby area, so I'm also curious about what others may store there.

One gem I've discovered is the second button under the handle on the rear hatch. I knew about the larger button to open the hatch, but I didn't know about the second smaller button to the right of that that will lock the vehicle. I would usually walk around to the front doors and push that button or I would use the key fob. It helps to read the manual it would seem,

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

2nd button? Must be on the EX and higher?

I had the same cubby in my Civic and used it for change and never had it fall out. You could always lay some soft material in there to dampen so the coins don't bounce (I never had them bounce, nor did I hear them, but I also had my garage door opener on top of them).

The tonneau cover when not in use can be stowed away in opening of the cargo area. The tonneau in this stowed position can be pulled up vertically and locked in place where you could store small grocery bags items or items you want to hide from prying eyes between the tonneau cover and the rear hatch.

That is interesting. Can you share a picture of the cover stowed?

Quote Originally Posted by arn357 View Post
    The tonneau cover when not in use can be stowed away in opening of the cargo area. The tonneau in this stowed position can be pulled up vertically and locked in place where you could store small grocery bags items or items you want to hide from prying eyes between the tonneau cover and the rear hatch.
    15 CRV Touring
    11 Sierra Z71
    91 MR2 Turbo

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    You can change the wallpaper on your central large screen.

Need a thumb drive to transfer it from your PC.

How did you even find that out and how did you do it? Could I transfer an image from my iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    You can change the wallpaper on your central large screen.

Need a thumb drive to transfer it from your PC.
    15 CRV Touring
    11 Sierra Z71
    91 MR2 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Ceearevee View Post
    How did you even find that out and how did you do it? Could I transfer an image from my iphone?
    Not sure if you can transfer an image direct from your iphone to wallpaper. But you can move picture from iphone to your cpu desktop and from there move it to a flash drive. Follow you manual instructions for next steps and the sizing is important. Another thread on this club addresses sizing. Our manuals covers lots in this regards.
    Enjoy The Ride

2015 Honda CR-V (EX-L 2WD)

Yes, there could be more storage for our goodies in the '15 CR-V.

I like to have info readily available, i.e. insurance card, license plate registration. So I place those items into a plastic sleeve that is just big enough to hold them. Then I placed velcro onto one side of that sleeve and the velcro mate onto the inside of the lid of the center console. That keeps those out of sight and always close by.

Another use for velcro, for us that did not buy a Touring model, is to mount the remote garage door opener inside the flipdown sunglass holder, placing velcro on the back of that and the mate onto the back of the opener. One caution on that is that it made a rattle and I had to modify the garage door opener case that caused it. Believe me it was one of those rattles I could not figure out for a while. Finally I thought back to when there used to be no rattle and then when it started. What changed, yep, it was the opener causing the rattle. You may or may not have a rattle from your opener, I did but solved that. It makes for a very handy place to keep and use the opener, just push to drop down the compartment and push the opener button! Hope this helps. ...Velcro is my Friend!
    Enjoy The Ride

2015 Honda CR-V (EX-L 2WD)

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast