2007 EX Rough Idle
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 EX Rough Idle

Thanks (Received)

2007 EX Rough Idle

Not 100%, but it happens sometimes after driving for a while and or when the engine fans kick on.
    Most noticeable when sitting at a red light and the car is in drive. The car never stalls, but definitely a rough idle when it happens.
    No issues when I accelerate away from a stop.

2007 CR-V EX with 74,000 miles, purchased 2 weeks ago from a private res.
    Some things I've done since I bought the car and after I already noticed the rough idling.

New NGK IR spark plugs
    Transmission fluid flush
    Bled the cooling system
    Power steering fluid flush
    Air & cabin filters replaced

Oil had recently been done before I purchased the car (no record of what was installed)

Not sure where to go from here. I'm not qualified to do a vacuum test or valve adjustment(s), which I've read could be possible culprits?
    I've been running 87 gas

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Go to YouTube and watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWCKvU2FmDc

Then search his other videos for how to diagnose and clean/solve other idle problems. This is reliable and simple good information from the best.
    Larry

Now that I've learned my lesson, I'm supremely confident that next time I'll make a different mistake.

2007 CR-V EX-L AWD Green Tea Metallic
    1991 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab LWB 4X4, 460 AT

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    I had the exact same problem, that turned out to be a bad coil pack (on a 2007 Fit - different engine, of course, but maybe the same coil pack supplier?). It ran fine except sometimes when idling, and seemed more likely to misfire after warming up, and when there was an electrical load (fan, A/C, rear window defroster). I bought 1 Denso coil pack for ~$70, and swapped it one at a time with each original one. On cyl #3 it fixed it.

I saw much cheaper coil packs for sale, but from what I've read it's probably best to avoid them. Anyway, if other, cheaper things don't fix it this may be worth a try. I suspect most places won't let you return a coil pack if it turns out not to help (got mine on Ebay).

Search Youtube for "How to Diagnose and Repair a Misfiring and Rough Running Honda Fit" (I'm new here & can't post links yet)

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    When you say rough idle do you mean a flutter? Where the car is idling, say at 7000rpm and rpms will drop a little then return to where they were. If that's what your describing then it's pretty much normal. Ours has done that since new. I've seen others do it too.

It seems to happen more in the summer when the cooling fans are cycling a lot.

Thanks (Received)
    IAC (Idle Air Control Valve) could be the issue...

2013 CRV EX (wife's)
    2014 Civic LX Sedan (mine)
    2001 Acura Integra GSR (sold)

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by kloker View Post
    Go to YouTube and watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWCKvU2FmDc

Then search his other videos for how to diagnose and clean/solve other idle problems. This is reliable and simple good information from the best.
    the best lmao. I've probably forgot more than that guy knows.

He does videos that are condescending as hell, acts like a salesman and yet to see a video on something my 12yr old couldnt do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigris99 View Post
    I've probably forgot more than that guy knows.

He does videos that are condescending as hell, acts like a salesman and yet to see a video on something my 12yr old couldnt do.
    If you REALLY want a laff, search 'Scotty Kilmer Parody' on YouTube.

You KNOW you are famous when your videos are parodied! That said, Scotty sometimes provides good insight into issues...
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '19 HR-V EX

North NJ

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Tigris - Sorry, but nope. Scotty Kilmer is a master. There is no substitute for experience or talent, and there are very few people out there who have both. Scotty is one of them. Don't be a hater just because you don't get his sense of humor. The only thing he tries to sell is common sense. Nothing is condescending in that. He likes to have fun with it, and that is not a bad thing. You most certainly can get there one day, so keep at it, but respect your elders. It's the wise thing to do. If anything is sure, it is that you will never know all he knows, because there is no way you can ever catch up, unless you have a time machine, and that young man's attitude you have won't help - it's condescending. Got a twelve-year-old, eh? Enjoy it while you can. My youngest granddaughter is 20, and Scotty is older than me. I think.
    Last edited by kloker; 01-15-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    Larry

Now that I've learned my lesson, I'm supremely confident that next time I'll make a different mistake.

2007 CR-V EX-L AWD Green Tea Metallic
    1991 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab LWB 4X4, 460 AT

Thanks (Received)
    I've seen his videos before, didn't know if he was legit or not, he's a bit over the top and LOUD, but he has some good info.
    I cleaned the MAV and am waiting to do the throttle next (once the rain stops) Just spraying out the MAV has made a difference, probably will be even better after cleaning out the throttle.

Thanks!
    Last edited by SB53; 01-16-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks (Received)
    Sounds pretty close. I think you mean "idling at 1000 rpm"? or 700?
    The idle will drop a bit and stay there yes, but eventually return to normal.
    While the idle has dropped the body vibrates pretty good, until it returns to normal. I had a 2008 and don't recall this issue.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast