Goodwill AC fix on 2011 - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  9
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodwill AC fix on 2011

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHondaForMe View Post
    ... My biggest beef is they (Honda) know the compressors suck, otherwise they wouldn't have extended the warranty to start with. If I had close to the 100,000 I wouldn't be complaining, but I only have 62,000, that's low mileage, and a little bit of goodwill on their part because of that wouldn't hurt them. I'd be happy if they just covered the parts, or the labor. I have to say that in all of the vehicles I've owned the V has had more recalls, etc... than any of them, and I've owned about 35 cars. One thing I can count on is, if begins to use oil, I for sure will not have any resource from Honda, since they won't help with the AC. Even without all of this, the excessive rust I've discovered underneath is enough to trade it off.
    The compressor in our old 2010 went out at 7 years and 9 months, with about 66,000 miles on the odometer. I was happy, for the first time ever, that I had purchased an 8 year warranty. It's sad, but the way things have changed with their customer service over the past couple years, I'm not surprised they won't cover your repair. Just a few years ago, things would have been different. The market is getting very competitive. If they don't start going back to their roots, they will lose their reputation as being a highly respected brand in the auto industry.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman GreenHondaForMe's Avatar
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike728 View Post
    The compressor in our old 2010 went out at 7 years and 9 months, with about 66,000 miles on the odometer. I was happy, for the first time ever, that I had purchased an 8 year warranty. It's sad, but the way things have changed with their customer service over the past couple years, I'm not surprised they won't cover your repair. Just a few years ago, things would have been different. The market is getting very competitive. If they don't start going back to their roots, they will lose their reputation as being a highly respected brand in the auto industry.
    I agree completely, I believe Mr. Soichiro Honda would be less than pleased with where his company has went.
    2011 CR-V EX - Opal Sage with Beige Interior

Thanks (Received)

Well...

Well... Honda did call me & confirmed my case number, but that's been it, so still haven't heard anything. I've also found out my extended warranty on the excessive oil consumption was over this January. While the car still looks good and I can get some decent trade-in etc... I'm getting it ready to trade-in. Should be worth $9 to 10k, I'll push for $10k. I have to admit I really like the new Passport, but they just cost too much, for us right now, oh well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    I definitely agree with that. It is astounding to me how seriously insensitive Honda dealers have become in just the last few years. I'm not so sure how much choice they have, as Honda leaves them little choice in some ways and none in some as well. Still, to me it does not speak well for Honda. The automotive industry as a whole is sliding downhill as they slowly kill their own markets with horrible products and worse, fail to stand behind them. It's as if they are purposely following in GM's footsteps. Sad.

The other thing that makes me sad is that, while they still may possibly make the best cars, what constitutes the best is no longer what it was even just one or two automotive generations ago. It's why I choose to drive a Gen3.

Still, all that said, I think that a lot of the unreliability attributed to these A/C compressors is not the compressors' fault. It's the fact that the systems are so efficient they use only 1.8 pounds of gas, which, when it runs just a little low, then overworks them while still functioning, and leads to premature failure. So the key is maintenance.
    Last edited by kloker; 03-23-2019 at 05:15 AM.
    Larry

Now that I've learned my lesson, I'm supremely confident that next time I'll make a different mistake.

2007 CR-V EX-L AWD Green Tea Metallic
    1991 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab LWB 4X4, 460 AT

7. ThanksGreenHondaForMe thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)

Cool Update !!!

Well... What a turn of events. Took the V to get the passenger airbag recall work done & just for fun had them appraise it and... they made me an offer I couldn't refuse .

So... I no longer have my V. It for sure wasn't what we were planning for, but sometimes you just have to roll with it. I really appreciate everyone on here & will try to give more details later.

Thanks (Received)

Thumbs up Better late than never

Well Honda said they would have went half or so on the repair, although now it's a mute point. Oh well the wife & I are happy with how things went.

10. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123