2011 Rear wiper replacement
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: 2011 Rear wiper replacement

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

2011 Rear wiper replacement

Hi all. I've had my 11 CRV for a couple years now. Just getting to replace the rear wiper blade. However, the replacement I bought from a local auto store doesn't fit. Anyone had this problem? Don't prefer to buy simple parts like this from the dealer. Any help is appreciated.
    Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Why doesn't it fit?
    14 inch afaik

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Yes. This model requires a 14 " rear blade. It turns out the rear wiper blade is a different type of blade than the front. I guess Honda changed this in Gen 3. This is new for me as all my other Honda's (gen 1 and 2 Ody and gen 2 CR-V) rear blade attached the same as the front, only a different length. On these newer models make sure to specify front or rear. Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    You would save yourself some aggravation by going to the dealer. I've tried buying blades from the parts stores and always run into problems.

Thanks (Received)
    Agreed--I went to the dealer and bought the new rubber "refill" for the blade, and it worked well. But you'll be lucky to get two years out of it--rubber blades deteriorate quickly. Mine refill is already shot. They are cheap enough from the dealer.

I now use only silicone "beam" blades on the windshield of all of my cars. They are more expensive, but last longer, clear away rain better, and don't take a "set" from sitting on the windshield (unlike rubber blades). I would have used silicone on the back wiper if there were ever a model that fit, but no luck so far.
    2009 CR-V EX-L / 2009 CR-V EX-L #2 / 2004 Civic LX / 1997 CR-V LX / 2002 Accord EX-L V6

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements