2017 CR-V Audio Upgrade Thread
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 CR-V Audio Upgrade Thread

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

Cool 2017 CR-V Audio Upgrade Thread

I'm still waiting for my '17 Touring to arrive at the dealership for delivery, but I'm already thinking about upgrading the speakers in it pretty soon after I get it. The stock system sounds pretty good, but I'm hoping that replacing the speakers in the front and rear doors will improve upon the slightly tinny and hollow sound I experienced while playing around with the test drive vehicle earlier this week.

If you have done anything to improve the sound quality in your new V, please post about it here and let me / us know what you did and how it sounds. I don't want to read about full system replacement, as it would seem foolish to change out the entire touch screen interface to install an aftermarket head unit. Let's here about specific speakers / component kits, amps, subs, adapters, ANC deactivation, and tip & tricks. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore buggingout67's Avatar
    Thanks (Received)
    For me i feel the problem is bass. Rise it just a bit and it sounds like the speakers have a sore throat. I would wait a bit to see what people come up with. I dont want to throw a power cable or rip open plastic panels. I would rather keep it stock and maybe install a sub with the existing Hardware if that's possible.

Thanks (Received)
    I really wish Honda would put in at least a 5-band equalizer instead of what amounts to a 3-band with the bass, mid, and treble sliders. I have a friend with a '17 Outback, and the adjustments he can make with his OEM equalizer makes a HUGE difference.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    I wonder if in the diagnostic mode we could tweek the sub-woofer a little more?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FNgD0L8X_Q

Push brightness/phone/power (then a sub menu phone) once in.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by billyrule View Post
    I wonder if in the diagnostic mode we could tweek the sub-woofer a little more?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FNgD0L8X_Q

Push brightness/phone/power (then a sub menu phone) once in.
    I am definitely interested in what we may be able to do in that diagnostic mode. Disabling the ANC may improve audio performance as well.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by buggingout67 View Post
    For me i feel the problem is bass. Rise it just a bit and it sounds like the speakers have a sore throat. I would wait a bit to see what people come up with. I dont want to throw a power cable or rip open plastic panels. I would rather keep it stock and maybe install a sub with the existing Hardware if that's possible.
    The Touring model has a factory sub. Is it not good? I never got to test drive a Touring (was stuck with EX and EX-L), so I never got to play with the 330W sound system that my Touring will have.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    It sounds good to me. I just wish that center speaker in the dash actually had a speaker in it.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by garoto View Post
    It sounds good to me. I just wish that center speaker in the dash actually had a speaker in it.
    Huh? What?

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    That's not, and was never supposed to be, a speaker grille. (A center speaker on a car? Its a car, not a home theater). It's to vent the dash electronics and provide a window for the GPS antenna, which is just underneath.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirwired View Post
    That's not, and was never supposed to be, a speaker grille. (A center speaker on a car? Its a car, not a home theater). It's to vent the dash electronics and provide a window for the GPS antenna, which is just underneath.
    Well to be fair, I had a TL with a front center channel in that spot. THAT stereo sounded really good. Especially with the DVD audio disks it could play.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast