Android Auto trbl-2017 CRV doesn't "see" my phone anymore; tried new USB cables - Page 7
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  9
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Android Auto trbl-2017 CRV doesn't "see" my phone anymore; tried new USB cables

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by FastPilot View Post
    Well, I but the bullet and did a factory reset on the phone. Took the better part of 3+ hours to get everything reloaded and connected. The next day I went to the CRV and it connected right off the bat and was able to drive into town and remain connected.

That's the end of the good news.

On the way back home, it disconnected within 30 seconds. Several attempts with no luck. It connects as it should, then my phone's Android Auto just shuts off.

Here's the pisser, my wife's Samsung S7 seems to work just fine.
    Well that stinks!
    You may have an app on yours that is conflicting...have you tried booting your phone into safe mode? I'm not exactly how to boot into safe mode, but have read it and I'm sure you can google it easy enough.
    https://www.androidauthority.com/how...ndroid-801476/
    Last edited by JB in AZ; 07-19-2018 at 04:29 PM.
    2019 Acura RDX Advance Pkg
    Previously owned Hondas:
    2018 CR-V Touring 2WD (Traded 1/22/19 for '19 RDX)
    2014 CR-V EX-L Navi
    2001 Civic EX 5 Spd

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    I am completely bumfluxed. Tried new USB cables, factory reset phone, factory reset Honda display. Tried booting the phone into Safe Mode and it still failed. Tried USB Debugging ON/Off, no joy. Set USB to MTP.

Once in a while it does remain open. Why? I dunno.

It almost seems like Android Auto shuts off on my phone, which results in a disconnect.

Thanks (Received)
    2018 EX. AA disconnect happens randomly for me. Sometimes no issues for weeks, then last week, I had it disconnect twice. PIA when I'm driving and have the maps running. It reconnected after a few minutes and resumed my map on one occasion. The other occasion, I unplugged the USB end and reinserted and all was fine afterwards. I'm using the OEM plug that came with my Samsung Note 8 phone.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    I had intermittent success/failure with Android Auto when using my previous phone, a Moto X Pure edition. (I had best reuslts with an Anker USB cable, but it was still unreliable.)

With my new Google Pixel 2 XL, however, AA connects all the time, faster than it ever did with the Moto X, and hasn't disconnected once. I'm using an Anker cable, with USB-C on the phone end for the Pixel.

So it seems to me that the speed of the phone's processor makes a huge difference in the AA experience. And I suspect my new phone being pure Google Android doesn't hurt.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane1V View Post
    I had Android Auto working initially but now it's not in the Home or Source menu anymore and the car doesn't "see" my cell plugged into it anymore. I tried different USB cables. I'm in the left USB with the phone on it. The car does connect to the phone thru Bluetooth however. The app is updated on my phone. Any ideas what's wrong?
    I've done all these things since the Android Auto app update on March 19, 2019. Android Auto is now dead to my 2018 CR-V. I am sooooo annoyed. Previously, I dinked around with new cables and settings on the vehicle, and it *usually* worked. Has not worked since the app update. Android forums are proving to be absolutely useless to me.

Growl.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matti View Post
    I've done all these things since the Android Auto app update on March 19, 2019. Android Auto is now dead to my 2018 CR-V. I am sooooo annoyed. Previously, I dinked around with new cables and settings on the vehicle, and it *usually* worked. Has not worked since the app update. Android forums are proving to be absolutely useless to me.

Growl.
    I had this happen too. I just went out and went into Settings, deleted all phones from the Android Auto list. I then uninstalled the AA app on the phone. Reinstalled AA app on phone. Unplugged, replugged cable. And pop-up came up to Always enable AA on the headunit and we are back in business. Connects almost instantly compared to older versions.

Thanks (Received)
    I finally solved my connection problems.

I ditched the HTC 10 and bought a Google Pixel3XL.

Problem solved.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by FastPilot View Post
    I finally solved my connection problems.

I ditched the HTC 10 and bought a Google Pixel3XL.

Problem solved.
    It's too bad overall that manufacturers and Google can't better coordinate... But great phone.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    I'm no expert and the technology has all moved a lot but...
    I happened to have a friend who did a bunch of research on micro USB cables for his job. At that time I offered that buying one with conductors that were 20AWG or thicker. They are rare but they're out there. That solved some stability problems I was having but my V doesn't do phones.
    USB C is a completely different animal and I'm clueless. I would guess that people are seeing fewer issues since it's a newer spec.
    Since anyone can release an Android phone, there are variables that don't exist w/ IOS (and I am Android all day).

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by barrys View Post
    I'm no expert and the technology has all moved a lot but...
    I happened to have a friend who did a bunch of research on micro USB cables for his job. At that time I offered that buying one with conductors that were 20AWG or thicker. They are rare but they're out there. That solved some stability problems I was having but my V doesn't do phones.
    USB C is a completely different animal and I'm clueless. I would guess that people are seeing fewer issues since it's a newer spec.
    Since anyone can release an Android phone, there are variables that don't exist w/ IOS (and I am Android all day).
    This is not true. And off brand lightning cables can be a major headache as well.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567