ECU flash for turbo engine? - Page 6
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  19
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: ECU flash for turbo engine?

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    I have the tool that Honda has not the toy obd2 readers. So I can program and see all parameter on the car including ecu internal logs, over boost, over Rev, if the airbag were deployed and etc

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    These car were built for boost so I don't think that extra 25hp and 35tq will hurt it. My v6 accord was 244 from factory and after turboing it made close to 500 crank hp or about 425-435 whp on stock internals. Honda over engineer their stuff really well.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 537playing View Post
    I just ordered from Hondata. I'll report back on its performance. I already have a tune on my Audi that truly makes driving fun. Driving the CRV 1.5 turbo in its present state is painful for me. (It's my wife's ride)
    Please do! I'm seriously considering one. Let us know about 0-60 and fuel economy changes.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    just a heads up k-tuner has more unlocked feature for the transmission than hondata.

http://blog.vittuned.com/making-powe...ll-disclosure/

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    So KTuner is superior?

Thanks (Received)
    Did u read the link?

Thanks (Received)
    Also just in case you think I am bias. I have both. Both work equally well. Hondata has the benefit of being CARB approve for on road use in California for certain models, but locks you out of certain parameters. Hondata only has 2 maps right now. K tuner is 250 cheaper which is nice, but if you want to do datalogs I recommend getting the v2 which comes with the nice screen and ability to store 5 maps.For kturner map it doesn't give too much detail, but I assume that they are for stock cars without other upgrades as far as what I can see. I haven't played much with ktuner since I wanted something I could set it and forget it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by thisaznboi88; 08-22-2017 at 09:48 PM.

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRiddle View Post
    I used to do e-tunes on the Mazda 2.3t platform, and I'll tell ya that even after complete ecu flashes and reloading stock programs/logs a dealer can tell what was changed and when. Newer ECU's have a "changelog" of sorts that can't be wiped by most accessports/software. What I've found though is that MOST of the time dealers don't care. But it's still a risk, and not completely untraceable.
    Actually that is pretty common these days as the car and motorcycle makers figured out what was going on with these "tunes". There are many things in the computer that they can see with their very special software.

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by hans471+ View Post
    Actually that is pretty common these days as the car and motorcycle makers figured out what was going on with these "tunes". There are many things in the computer that they can see with their very special software.
    I believe it. Exactly why I wouldn't mess with the ECU of a economy family hauler, personally. Just not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks (Received)
    get one of these and you can wipe logs and parameters

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Acura-...0AAOSwEPtZZWCf

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast