Infotainment system update or not? - Page 4
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  9
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Infotainment system update or not?

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    I have had issues with my infotainment too. My car is just over a year old now and has 16K miles. In this time the unit had "crashed" maybe 4-5 times. By crash I mean, any variety of all controls (both on screen and actual buttons, like volume knob, HVAC switches, etc.) becoming non-responsive, screen going black but source audio still playing, etc. Typically things go back to normal after the car is shut off and turned back on again. But this past week I had it happen and it affected the map/GPS. The screen went black for a while, and then the Honda "H" logo appears, as if rebooting, and then the Garmin logo appears briefly and after a few minutes things are back to normal, but I notice there were some changes to the map/GPS and all my GPS history, home address, etc., are all erased.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgm View Post
    The dealer replaced audio units until they found one that worked. It took three units. I asked afterward why they weren't willing to do that when I originally brought the car in. I was told that Honda had advised them to wait until the fix was available for this type of problem. They said that they were forced to attempt the repair by the National Center for Dispute Settlement after I filed the complaint. It's been a month so far and seems to be working normally so far.
    When you originally filled out the dispute form did you choose the documents hearing only? I downloaded and filled out the form since my local dealerships are not willing to really help me get my issues with the infotainment display fixed. Also how long was it from the time you sent the form until you heard back about the resolution?

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    Most of this stuff doesn't work right in the very best top-of-the-line brand name aftermarket head units, so it certainly doesn't on the back door cut rate OEM units available these days. Most of the advertised goodness is just hype. Even on systems where any of the software actually does work, the head units are made in China and of mediocre quality manufacture. Example? Wireless Android Auto - So far, on the few available head units where it works at all, it only works with two phone models, and those are obscure phones put out by Google, which almost no one has. That's it. The software is not yet out to make it work in any other Android phones, so even if the head units are capable, the phones are not. Supposedly it will change with v9. Similar with iPhones - wireless Carplay only works with select models and then only on certain head units. Also, lots and lots of other functions at this level are glitchy at best.

Overall, neither the hardware or the software is yet adequate to the task, and only time will tell if it actually ever will be. So, for now, you may have your expectations set too high. The best outcome you can hope for in even the very best situation is not going to meet the lofty aspirations we wish for. We're just going to have to make do the best we can and hope for progress. Frustrating, eh?
    Larry

Now that I've learned my lesson, I'm supremely confident that next time I'll make a different mistake.

2007 CR-V EX-L AWD Green Tea Metallic
    1991 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab LWB 4X4, 460 AT

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    I think Android Pie brings wireless Android auto to all phones, but we'll never see Honda update this head unit to support it

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by kloker View Post
    Wireless Android Auto - So far, on the few available head units where it works at all, it only works with two phone models, and those are obscure phones put out by Google, which almost no one has.
    Looks like it's the last four years of phones that Google put out, which is eight different models. But sure, they're not the most common phones.

https://support.google.com/androidau...48019#wireless

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by phareous View Post
    I think Android Pie brings wireless Android auto to all phones, but we'll never see Honda update this head unit to support it
    The link above suggests it's not part of Android Pie.

I'd guess it's more about getting the latest versions of Google Play Services and Android Auto from the Play Store. But there might be some additional hardware or testing requirements.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobInPa View Post
    Try a different dealer.
    There are scads of Honda dealers to the south of you. My dealer fixed my same problem last June. Just drive down 309 you'll see them on the left.
    PBurg Easton Honda and Lehigh valley Honda both don’t want to fix the issue, as well as the district manager telling them not to fix the issue.

I got a call from a Honda mediator telling me they won’t fix the issue because they don’t know if the fix they have right now will work long term, so at this point I have to go through the arbitration process. I have submitted documentation showing work orders from both dealerships as well as the Honda service news article in the hopes the arbitration board can come to a conclusion and help me. I didn’t buy a Honda and the Hondacare warranty to be treated like garbage by two dealerships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxguy676 View Post
    I got a call from a Honda mediator telling me they won’t fix the issue because they don’t know if the fix they have right now will work long term, so at this point I have to go through the arbitration process. I have submitted documentation showing work orders from both dealerships as well as the Honda service news article in the hopes the arbitration board can come to a conclusion and help me. I didn’t buy a Honda and the Hondacare warranty to be treated like garbage by two dealerships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am going through a similar issue. After I start my car car, Siruis will read "No Signal". this goes on for 5-10 minutes. I have had it back to the dealer several times to try to fix. They have tried different fixes buy none have worked. Honda won't give them the go ahead to replace the HU. I contacted Honda and they tell me they are working on a fix. Been this way for a few months. I called Honda again last week and they gave me the same story. I know this is petty but I am getting aggravated. I plan on keeping this car a while since I don't want to take a hit on the car. Four of the last five new cars we have purchased have been Hondas. I get the feeling that our next new car will not be a Honda.

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcuinohio View Post
    I am going through a similar issue. After I start my car car, Siruis will read "No Signal". this goes on for 5-10 minutes. I have had it back to the dealer several times to try to fix. They have tried different fixes buy none have worked. Honda won't give them the go ahead to replace the HU. I contacted Honda and they tell me they are working on a fix. Been this way for a few months. I called Honda again last week and they gave me the same story. I know this is petty but I am getting aggravated. I plan on keeping this car a while since I don't want to take a hit on the car. Four of the last five new cars we have purchased have been Hondas. I get the feeling that our next new car will not be a Honda.
    Have you contacted Sirius? They can refresh your signal...worth a phone call.
    2019 Acura RDX Advance Pkg
    Previously owned Hondas:
    2018 CR-V Touring 2WD (Traded 1/22/19 for '19 RDX)
    2014 CR-V EX-L Navi
    2001 Civic EX 5 Spd

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB in AZ View Post
    Have you contacted Sirius? They can refresh your signal...worth a phone call.
    I was able to do a refresh online. It didn't change anything.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast