touch screen problem - Page 7
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: touch screen problem

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    The problems with the Honda infotainment unit have been known for some time now. It is rated as one of the worst systems available today by many reviewers. This has been the case for the last 2-3 years and what is puzzling is why Honda has not made any advances in upgrading this unit? I personally have used this system and it is brutal compared the the competition. Far to buggy and way too complicated to use. Also the look of it on the dash looks like an afterthought.
    Maybe when they solve the engine problems in the new CR-V's they will then tackle this unit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)

Lemon Law

Is it recommended to take legal action and use this a lemon law case - since its clearly no solution to this problem?

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by westwood1 View Post
    Is it recommended to take legal action and use this a lemon law case - since its clearly no solution to this problem?

Welcome to the forum!

What exactly are YOU experiencing? Please give us more details.

I highly doubt (but I am not a lawyer) that a touch screen problem could be considered a big enough issue to result in a lemon law buy back.
    2019 Acura RDX Advance Pkg
    Previously owned Hondas:
    2018 CR-V Touring 2WD (Traded 1/22/19 for '19 RDX)
    2014 CR-V EX-L Navi
    2001 Civic EX 5 Spd

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    I am referring to the touchscreen problem that a lot of in this thread are experiencing. If there is no solution to it, wouldn't this be covered as a lemon?

Thanks (Received)
    Just came from dealership, had very good experience . BIG Thanks to them that they did not keep my car They immediately said that this is known problem, that honda aware of it and working on the fix, but there is NO fix yet. Last sentence on paper says "Customer should call honda to star case for repair".
    They also said that they used to replace head unit what was not working. I'm planning to call honda to see if I can get into some kind of wait/update list so they will notify me once fix is available.
    I hope this helps.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkap View Post
    Just came from dealership, had very good experience . BIG Thanks to them that they did not keep my car They immediately said that this is known problem, that honda aware of it and working on the fix, but there is NO fix yet. Last sentence on paper says "Customer should call honda to star case for repair".
    They also said that they used to replace head unit what was not working. I'm planning to call honda to see if I can get into some kind of wait/update list so they will notify me once fix is available.
    I hope this helps.
    Which dealership did you go to and who is the service advisor?

Thanks (Received)
    If it helps Anderson Honda, Palo Alto, Ca.
    The guy I talked with was Diego.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkap View Post
    If it helps Anderson Honda, Palo Alto, Ca.
    The guy I talked with was Diego.
    I took my car in over three weeks ago with same issue, showed them video they said they expected a software update within two weeks, called a few days ago and they have nothing. This is frustrating and disappointing. I "splurged" on this vehicle and it is disappointing that there is an on-going problem with no solution. I will give it another month and then will go in a visit with the service manager and dealership manager. I think others need to stress that this is a safety issue. When all of this happens and you are driving at a high speed and unable to pull over and restart the car, it is distracting and could cause an accident. The last service gentle I spoke with just said, "turn off the radio." I explained that it is not possible and only stopping and restarting the car will solve the problem. I have pulled the screen on my sun roof on days when it is really sunny to try and avoid the problem.

Thanks (Received)
    Hi, there. I'm new to the forum, and got here by Googling "honda cr-v touchscreen issue," and after seeing the many posts here, it sounds like I'm having the same issue as many of you.

The service people at the Honda dealer I take my leased 2018 CR-V EX-L to were irritatingly obtuse about this issue.

They did a "hard reset" on my CarPlay head unit and sent me on my way with a promise that they'd reach out IF (not WHEN) Honda ever crafted a fix to the problem.

This isn't the first initial quality issue I've had with the vehicle.

And here I thought I'd buy the thing after the lease was up.

NOT A CHANCE OF THAT NOW.

Thanks (Received)
    Does anyone have this same issue on their vehicle that is assembled in Japan? I'm wondering could this be a parts source issue? I wonder how many manufacturers make this same touchscreen unit.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast