Anyone use hondahack to get new apps and features - Page 16
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  94
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Anyone use hondahack to get new apps and features

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexvtr View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it anywhere so here it goes:

Seeing on Honda Hack website that they can add navigation instructions in the instrument cluster of Civic (that the CRV has stock), why don't they add the turbo gauge of the Civic 1.5 to the CR-V 1.5?

I know it's kind of useless, but it would be a nice feature nonetheless.
    I asked the devs and their response was that the interface to the instrument cluster is very limited. I was asking if they could add the current speed limit from the GPS or your current trip mpg etc. Anyhow I suspect we're getting all we're bound to get from HH. It would be nice if they could also add more vehicle settings such as letting us choose how many times the turn signal blinks when you do a quick flick etc.

2. Thanksbillyrule thanked for this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyg View Post
    Same here but I can understand why people who want to use the more advanced apps would need it.

Rob
    I used the radar app to see storms - makes me fell like a pilot flying and seeing what is coming above me. Also like Pandora no need to have a phone connected.

5. Thanksperezdr thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    Sorry if this was mentioned before...will installing the HH void any warranty if the dealer finds out?

7. Thanksbillyrule thanked for this post
  8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by perezdr View Post
    Sorry if this was mentioned before...will installing the HH void any warranty if the dealer finds out?
    That has never been tested but it is known that hacking the ECU would void your warranty.
    Hacking a stereo might fall under different laws but the waters are very muddy on this subject.
    The good news is that Honda Hack has a built in option to remove itself and then reinstall back everything with an online code that it generates. The last time I went to the dealer I did not even bother to remove it as I was pretty confident that they would not even be looking at the icons. YMMV so if in doubt just remove it when your going in for a service call.

Rob
    2018 White Diamond Pearl 1.5T AWD Black Leather, Panoramic Sun Roof, All LED Lighting and Made in Thailand.

10. Thanksperezdr, billyrule thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    The dealer has never gave me a problem with having HondaHack.

12. Thanksperezdr, robbyg thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    Hide HH before going to the dealer. Avoid Play Services/Store like the plague. Use Yalp Store to install compatible apps.

Follow these 3 things and you should never have problems with the dealer or headunit performance.

14. Thanksbillyrule, perezdr, robbyg thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by starks View Post
    Hide HH before going to the dealer. Avoid Play Services/Store like the plague. Use Yalp Store to install compatible apps.

Follow these 3 things and you should never have problems with the dealer or headunit performance.
    Thanks for the "Yalp Store" advice. I have to check that one out.
    2018 White Diamond Pearl 1.5T AWD Black Leather, Panoramic Sun Roof, All LED Lighting and Made in Thailand.

16. Thanksbillyrule thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    I can confirm NO ISSUES after installation on a 2019 EX. Running Netflix, Chrome, MyRadar, and Yalp Store for now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Thanksbillyrule thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    I love the Pandora app after installing HH. For some reason I never hear commercials...

20. Thanksperezdr thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    One note about Yalp Store is that you should freeze or otherwise ignore Waze updates. HH uses one of the final builds that actually works properly with our headunit. Newer versions will install, but can't render the maps properly. You're left with a useless black background.

22. Thanksperezdr, billyrule thanked for this post
  23. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516