Oil Dilution and associated matters _ Volume 1 - Page 177
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  983
Page 177 of 196 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1960

Thread: Oil Dilution and associated matters _ Volume 1

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore fubarnow's Avatar
    Thanks (Received)
    When did Honda come out with this 1.5 T engine?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by UMRdyldo View Post
    1. Don't warm your car up for long periods of time, drive after cat warm up mode is off
    2. Get your car up to full operating temperature as much as possible. Especially in winter. Use a block heater if possible.
    3. Use a good SN+ oil
    4. Drive your car harder
    5. Use an OBD2 reader to watch LTFT, if it goes highly negative, you need to drive the car more.
    6. Check your oil weekly or every other
    Maybe Honda should put this in the manual. Have you petitioned them to add it?

I'm trying to just follow this thread and not participate, but come on... While I'm sure this helps reduce OD, it is not a fix and not something most people are willing to do after spending $30k+ on a new vehicle. Especially a Honda.

4. Thanksrd082298, jtuber, TEXASCRVs, gmanjeff, JB in AZ thanked for this post
    crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike728 View Post
    Maybe Honda should put this in the manual. Have you petitioned them to add it?

I'm trying to just follow this thread and not participate, but come on... While I'm sure this helps reduce OD, it is not a fix and not something most people are willing to do after spending $30k+ on a new vehicle. Especially a Honda.
    "I paid good money to be a lazy owner" has been the matra of way too many people on here and it's why on rag on the CRV demographic so hard.

6. ThanksCRV-Owner, S2k_Dude thanked for this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    "I paid good money to be a lazy owner" has been the matra of way too many people on here and it's why on rag on the CRV demographic so hard.
    What is that supposed to mean? Do you just accept vanilla ice cream when you order chocolate, or do you expect what you ordered? People buy Honda, because of their reputation. Deal with it.

Thanks (Received)
    What is that supposed to mean? Do you just accept vanilla ice cream when you order chocolate, or do you expect what you ordered? People buy Honda, because of their reputation. Deal with it.
    People bought a turbo direct injection engine. Yet they treat them like a NA 4 pot.

Your lack of understanding of how a vehicle works is not Honda's fault. It's yours.

10. ThanksS2k_Dude thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike881881 View Post
    Better still, where is UMRdyldo's evidence that it can be prevented it and his evidence that we can "view if it's happening"?
    I will say having and using the block heater stopped my OD this winter....last winter was terrible and these last couple of weeks its been cool at night and I got lazy and stopped using the heater...checked oil yesterday and it already on its way up.....it would be great ,but where they put the plug behind and under the plate .....really hard to get to at my age
    2018 CRV LX AWD
    2008 Tucson FWD
    2008 Shopright Mobility 4 wheel Scooter....just blew the transaxle....motoring days are finished

12. ThanksS2k_Dude thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    People bought a turbo direct injection engine. Yet they treat them like a NA 4 pot.

Your lack of understanding of how a vehicle works is not Honda's fault. It's yours.
    Seriously? I currently own the competition, a 2019 CX-5 Signature. It is a DI turbo and we can drive it any way we like. Why is Honda so special, in your mind, that it "requires" changing driving habits? You make it seem like the owners of this gen CR-V are stupid, because they expect a driving experience they're used to from Honda.

14. Thanksmike881881, TEXASCRVs, gmanjeff, wymark thanked for this post
    crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    1. Don't warm your car up for long periods of time, drive after cat warm up mode is off
    2. Get your car up to full operating temperature as much as possible. Especially in winter. Use a block heater if possible.
    3. Use a good SN+ oil
    4. Drive your car harder
    5. Use an OBD2 reader to watch LTFT, if it goes highly negative, you need to drive the car more.
    6. Check your oil weekly or every other

I think a lot of users on here see my posts and assume I don't have an issue. I have personally seen the oil level rise on my dipstick. At one time I had a morning where my idle was rough. Plugged in OBD2 reader and ltft was at -11%. That was the aha moment. Especially after reading the GM and Mazda TSBs regarding p0172.

Personally I leave the OBD2 reader in all the time. I would suggest some of you learn to do the same.

I still don't any of the "evidence" you are so fond of. If you keep asking others for hard evidence, then you better have some to back up your claims.

16. ThanksTEXASCRVs thanked for this post
    crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Seriously? I currently own the competition, a 2019 CX-5 Signature. It is a DI turbo and we can drive it any way we like. Why is Honda so special, in your mind, that it "requires" changing driving habits? You make it seem like the owners of this gen CR-V are stupid, because they expect a driving experience they're used to from Honda.
    Mike728 its probably best to stop arguing with this guy as it appears that this is his hobby or a form of entertainment. There is an ignore feature that I have used for one person already and probably will be doing so again.

18. ThanksBobInPa thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike881881 View Post
    Better still, where is UMRdyldo's evidence that it can be prevented it and his evidence that we can "view if it's happening"?
    I already posted how to view if dilution is happening.

Watch your fuel trims with an OBD2 reader. On a cold day you can watch your trims go very negative until the point of dilution. The GM and Mazda TSBs told us this. I was able to mimmick this on the CRV as well.

This also resulted in rising level on the dipstick. I have been through it twice.

If you drive it long enough and hard enough, you can watch your fuel trims come back to normal, which means the fuel vapor in the cylinder due to dilution is gone. Drive it until your trims are back to near 0.

This resulted in the oil levels going back down.

If you want to test it, start your car on a cold day, and just let it idle for 10-15 minutes, report your Long Term Fuel Trims to us.
    Last edited by UMRdyldo; 04-12-2019 at 08:48 AM.

20. ThanksS2k_Dude thanked for this post
  21. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements