Oil Dilution and associated matters _ Volume 1 - Page 185
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  983
Page 185 of 196 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1960

Thread: Oil Dilution and associated matters _ Volume 1

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohari View Post
    I filled in a tank of regular and went from 60% oil to Max within 60 miles. If that doesn’t prove things for me I don’t know what will. I never idle so that’s never been a factor. 91 octane from here on out I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Might be too early to make any definitive conclusion. If you are willing to help the rest of us out, keep going for another tank or two of regular gas and report back. I myself is using regular gas right now after using super unlead plus the insulation method and not experiencing the OD issue. I made the switch to see if it matters and will continue to use regular gas until I find something.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASCRVs View Post
    I didn't miss anything, my CR-V has no issues. You in contrast, with no CR-V, still feel the urge. I laughed when I read rd's post. You got upset. Chill out, it will help YOUR mental well being.
    Classy JB in AZ. You gave a thank to a post that criticized you.

4. ThanksJB in AZ thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    There was a poster who resides in Calgary and said that he no longer experienced OD after using a engine heater. I couldn't locate that post to reply to it. Wonder if you are willing to do a long term test by not using the heater to see if OD comes back. I'm interested in what mitigates the OD issue since mine went away too. I'm now experimenting with different things with my car to see what helped.

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtuber View Post
    It seems to be the common theme on here. We all love our CRV but those teething problems for a Honda ...
    Teething problems. How appropriate. The errors are being thrown because my timing chain is stretching when it comes to full temperature. Throwing every error in the book hoping the idiot driver would notice.

Makes you wonder about the average Honda driver, having to give 16 different system error messages when the timing is off. Why not just say, "Power Reduced, Limp Home Please?"

It is an entertaining video to watch, all those errors rolling off for systems you probably were only vaguely aware of. I did record it. Had to. After two starts it goes back to "All Cool, Man" mode. Even CEL clears. The Service Advisor seemed surprised the errors cleared since I said I suspect it's timing, but he doubted it was timing because the errors cleared.

The loaner this time is a 2019 Civic, nice car. Feels better than the Rouge. I prefer the red fuel and temp gauges to the all white ones my CR-V has.

-Ron

8. ThanksJB in AZ thanked for this post
    crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4kushner View Post
    Teething problems. How appropriate. The errors are being thrown because my timing chain is stretching when it comes to full temperature. Throwing every error in the book hoping the idiot driver would notice.

Makes you wonder about the average Honda driver, having to give 16 different system error messages when the timing is off. Why not just say, "Power Reduced, Limp Home Please?"

It is an entertaining video to watch, all those errors rolling off for systems you probably were only vaguely aware of. I did record it. Had to. After two starts it goes back to "All Cool, Man" mode. Even CEL clears. The Service Advisor seemed surprised the errors cleared since I said I suspect it's timing, but he doubted it was timing because the errors cleared.

The loaner this time is a 2019 Civic, nice car. Feels better than the Rouge. I prefer the red fuel and temp gauges to the all white ones my CR-V has.

-Ron
    I hope they get this resolved for you. BTW, I like you attitude!

FYI, the 2018 CR-V went to the red fuel and temp gauges pointers...but you probably knew this. :-)
    2019 Acura RDX Advance Pkg
    Previously owned Hondas:
    2018 CR-V Touring 2WD (Traded 1/22/19 for '19 RDX)
    2014 CR-V EX-L Navi
    2001 Civic EX 5 Spd

Thanks (Received)
    Hello all, I live in Southern California (Orange County) and wanted to check with other owners here in SoCal about their OD problem. Mine is a 2018 CR-V Touring. My first oil change had to be done at 5.2k miles and oil life was down to 10%-20%. I'm at 6.2k miles now and Oil is at about 80% life and going fast. Exhaust smells like gas and my wife has complained about smells inside too. I checked oil dip stick and its about same as everyone, very thin, above line and smells like gasoline. Should I open a case with Honda? How can this be done?

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SigMeister View Post
    Hello all, I live in Southern California (Orange County) and wanted to check with other owners here in SoCal about their OD problem. Mine is a 2018 CR-V Touring. My first oil change had to be done at 5.2k miles and oil life was down to 10%-20%. I'm at 6.2k miles now and Oil is at about 80% life and going fast. Exhaust smells like gas and my wife has complained about smells inside too. I checked oil dip stick and its about same as everyone, very thin, above line and smells like gasoline. Should I open a case with Honda? How can this be done?
    Definitely contact your dealer about your problems. They will open a case with Honda when they could replicate your problems. As for your problems, can you describe in more details about your situation, like 1) your weather temperature, 2) the kind of gas you use, 3) your driving conditions (frequent extreme short trips/a lot of stop and go/long idle time/aggressive driving) etc.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SigMeister View Post
    I'm at 6.2k miles now and Oil is at about 80% life and going fast.
    Oil life is determined based on drive length, idling, aggressiveness, weather, etc. My MM had me on a 10,000 mile treadmill. Looks like it still does.

I had the software product update and A/C unit hardware module replaced on 12/31/18. They changed the oil at that time, I drove around 3,400 miles and still had 70% oil life according to MM. My oil had risen to an inch over the full hole twice, it went up, went down, went up again. Had the oil changed last week, they confirmed a whirling noise was the head, they replaced the cams, bearings, rockers...Now this week my timing chain is being replaced. Next week, who knows?

Maintenance Minder has no clue to what your oil condition is. It just guesses based on factors programmed in at the factory. It's just an algorithm. Just a little smarter than the reset hole analog colored trip odometer they used to use.

-Ron

13. ThanksTEXASCRVs thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4kushner View Post
    Oil life is determined based on drive length, idling, aggressiveness, weather, etc. My MM had me on a 10,000 mile treadmill. Looks like it still does.

I had the software product update and A/C unit hardware module replaced on 12/31/18. They changed the oil at that time, I drove around 3,400 miles and still had 70% oil life according to MM. My oil had risen to an inch over the full hole twice, it went up, went down, went up again. Had the oil changed last week, they confirmed a whirling noise was the head, they replaced the cams, bearings, rockers...Now this week my timing chain is being replaced. Next week, who knows?

Maintenance Minder has no clue to what your oil condition is. It just guesses based on factors programmed in at the factory. It's just an algorithm. Just a little smarter than the reset hole analog colored trip odometer they used to use.

-Ron
    If you get a loaner, perhaps its the best way forward. If the dealer keeps replacing worn parts too often, sooner or later Honda has to admit OD is harmful, not normal.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtuber View Post
    There was a poster who resides in Calgary and said that he no longer experienced OD after using a engine heater. I couldn't locate that post to reply to it. Wonder if you are willing to do a long term test by not using the heater to see if OD comes back. I'm interested in what mitigates the OD issue since mine went away too. I'm now experimenting with different things with my car to see what helped.
    I am In ontario and I put got a block heater last summer......this winter was the best... OD stopped the first night I used it,,,remote start it in morning and walk out to a warm car wihin minutes.....got lazy last couple weeks and didnt use it....around minus 2 celcus and OD starting rising.....Its so nice I plan on keeping this CRV for a long time...best 265 dollars I spent on it
    2018 CRV LX AWD
    2008 Tucson FWD
    2008 Shopright Mobility 4 wheel Scooter....just blew the transaxle....motoring days are finished

16. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements