Oil Dilution and associated matters _ Volume 1
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  983
Page 1 of 196 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil Dilution and associated matters _ Volume 1

Thanks (Received)

Oil Dilution and associated matters _ Volume 1

Due to the volume of complaints about the volume of "OD" threads, a decision has been made to only allow one thread for all discussion about this issue as some say or alleged issue as others say.

Existing threads will be closed you can put your comments here. Any new threads opened will be closed or consolidated into this thread.

In accordance with existing practice as some have discovered, posting privileges can be withheld for any poster who fails to uphold community standards of civility and respect.

The Moderating Team.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Thank you! This was starting to look like the "CRV-OD" forum instead of "CRV-OC"!

4. Thankscrv383 thanked for this post
    crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    This is unfortunate and very heavy handed. The best forums allow for freedom of topic as long as people aren't attacking one another in which case the offender is typically warned and if they don't heed the warning then they are banned. The reason there have been so many threads on the "banned topic" is that it effects everyone differently depending on driving habits, geographic location, configuration etc. hence the desire and need to open multipole topics on the "banned topic". The best part of the forum is now gone. I guess we can all take our happy pills and pretend that we are in Shangri-La.

6. ThanksTEXASCRVs, dstein, LINESUPER thanked for this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    post deleted
    2017 stripped EX-L - unmolested by the dealership
    Built July 2017, Indiana USA

MAN LAW - raise your hood once a week and have a look

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirwired View Post
    Thank you! This was starting to look like the "CRV-OD" forum instead of "CRV-OC"!

2017 stripped EX-L - unmolested by the dealership
    Built July 2017, Indiana USA

MAN LAW - raise your hood once a week and have a look

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    My wife has a 18 CRV-L and after reading all the stuff on the net about this I checked the oil and the level was above the orange plastic by about 1/8 inch. Dealer did an oil change free and told me the vin was not covered under the TSB addressing the heat and oil dilution issue. I never had or have a heat problem. After reading and viewing many posts (with pictures) on the oil issue there is one thing that seems to stand out and that is that everyones "oil dilution" dip stick looks the same. Now how could that be?

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    I got around to reading this thread after I brought my Poll to the forefront. I agree that there were way too many threads on The Problem, however restricting them to one thread doesn't make it that much easier to find the actual results of The Fix.
    Since you are taking this approach would it be possible to incorporate a Poll into whatever thread you deem appropriate.
    I believe my Poll:
    https://www.crvownersclub.com/forums...ally-have.html
    covers most possibilities.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    How is consolidating the OD discussion into one thread going to make it easier to read for people who don't frequent this site that often? I would rather read the titles of the threads and decide to dive in or to skip over. If the OD issue is having so much activity, having 1 thread could result into a lot of pages and frankly I don't want to read through a thread with hundreds of pages. Good intention but bad side effect IMO.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Due to the volume of complaints about the volume of "OD" threads, a decision has been made to only allow one thread for all discussion about this issue as some say or alleged issue as others say.

Existing threads will be closed you can put your comments here. Any new threads opened will be closed or consolidated into this thread.

In accordance with existing practice as some have discovered, posting privileges can be withheld for any poster who fails to uphold community standards of civility and respect.

The Moderating Team.
    Thank you Rocky but why not just a "Issues" sub forum instead of just a single thread?

14. ThanksBorracho, Thonda thanked for this post
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    An issues sub-forum is a better idea.

16. ThanksBorracho, phareous thanked for this post
  17. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 196 123451151101 ... LastLast