2019 Honda CRV's still have the Oil Dilution Problem? - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  20
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Honda CRV's still have the Oil Dilution Problem?

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    The OD is still there. Im really disappointed in my CR V 2019 for now. It was fix by the dealer and the oil level is still keep coming up. Now the car is just over 1500 km, and need 3 times of oil change.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    If you have been following this board's discussions, you should already know that after they rolled out the "fix" and even before the 2019 came out, the issue should still be there for 2019. A simple YES should have been sufficient for this question and this thread should be stickied so new members don't have to post the same question again in the future.

Thanks (Received)
    '19 Touring, 1000 miles, no increase in the oil level. No gas smell on the dipstick.
    Jim
    2019 Touring AWD

5. ThanksS2k_Dude, MangoConChile thanked for this post
  6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by S2k_Dude View Post
    First post with no details of the issue. In my mind it's doubtful the person can have enough fuel in the oil in the first few hundred miles of ownership to cause the vehicle to have misfires and the system completely shut down. Probably a troll.
    I have totally agreed with S2K-Dude, my favorite mostly knowledgable guy. This is a very bad and fully tasteless comment. My 2017 Touring CRV has run for 2 years like a super champ, no single issue.

8. ThanksS2k_Dude thanked for this post
    crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRVQD4 View Post
    I have totally agreed with S2K-Dude, my favorite mostly knowledgable guy. This is a very bad and fully tasteless comment. My 2017 Touring CRV has run for 2 years like a super champ, no single issue.
    If the truth be told one would likely find your experience is more the norm than the exception. We got our '17 Touring in Jan. of 2017 and it never had any issue with heat, oil, battery or whatever. It was as perfect a vehicle as I have ever owned. This forum got taken over by the people who state they have a problem and some imply its ALL of the cars. Its not, period. I have no definative solutions to anyone's problems I just know we have a LOT of Honda's in our family and none have this issue. My daugher-in-law got her new '19 CR-V a couple of months ago. They had been Toyota fans since their 2001 Camry V-6 and then a new Rav4 V-6 in 2009. They loved our Honda's and made the switch to a Fit and a 2019 CR-V which they just love and also have zero issues with.

I feel bad for anyone who has a problem with a car that can't be fixed. I have written extensively on this forum about Lemon Law and how to work the process if you do get that vehicle that "can't be fixed". I went through such a battle back in the 1990's with Chevy Blazers and learned just how frustrating it can be. Later I was a technical advisor on a state Lemon Law board and worked hundreds of cases over a three year period. The system works if you follow the guidelines. If anything the law favors the car buyer more than the manufacturer or dealer.

10. ThanksS2k_Dude, MangoConChile, jimbob15 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by hans471+ View Post
    If the truth be told one would likely find your experience is more the norm than the exception. We got our '17 Touring in Jan. of 2017 and it never had any issue with heat, oil, battery or whatever. It was as perfect a vehicle as I have ever owned. This forum got taken over by the people who state they have a problem and some imply its ALL of the cars. Its not, period. I have no definative solutions to anyone's problems I just know we have a LOT of Honda's in our family and none have this issue. My daugher-in-law got her new '19 CR-V a couple of months ago. They had been Toyota fans since their 2001 Camry V-6 and then a new Rav4 V-6 in 2009. They loved our Honda's and made the switch to a Fit and a 2019 CR-V which they just love and also have zero issues with.

I feel bad for anyone who has a problem with a car that can't be fixed. I have written extensively on this forum about Lemon Law and how to work the process if you do get that vehicle that "can't be fixed". I went through such a battle back in the 1990's with Chevy Blazers and learned just how frustrating it can be. Later I was a technical advisor on a state Lemon Law board and worked hundreds of cases over a three year period. The system works if you follow the guidelines. If anything the law favors the car buyer more than the manufacturer or dealer.

Mr. Hans471+ is truly my "technical teacher/ professor/ mentor". I have highly respected and much relied on him. I bought my new 2017 CRV Touring as Mr. Hans471+ in March 2017 and I have loved it dearly ever since. I enjoy it so much when I drive it while playing my favorite romantic songs. The 2017 CRV Touring provides me, a retired technical supervisor, like Mr. Hans471+, everything I expect for such as its amazingly frugal and unbelievable MPG, sufficient power, acceleration, torque, astoundingly excellent brakes, great cornering, roomy space everywhere especially in the trunk area where I can transport my bulky and heavy stuff, its fine stereo system, smart Honda sensing, LED lights, comfortable driving like a sedan, etc.

Like Mr. Hans471+, my fleet of vehicles at home is all Hondas as I have bought all Honda motorcycles and automobiles for over 54 years. But I always keep my mind open when I buy a new car by comparing my intended-to-buy Honda vehicle with other makes, of same class, before buying it to make sure I would make a logically correct buying decision. I have deeply admired Honda's engineering teams and its board of directors. Lastly, I admire and feel much more comfortable and happy with my great decision to buy a 2017 CRV Touring with exact same model like Mr. Hans471+'s 2017 CRV.

However, one thing I feel "inferior" to Mr. Hans471+ is I have NOT had my daughter in-law yet even I have dreamed hard about it for so long. My son, a 30-year-old technically smart guy, with his stubborn head just like a big chunk of stone (a stone-head engineer) still has not been ready to get married to "actively produce" babies like Mr. Hans471+'s son so I can use my loving CRV to drive my grand-baby around and to the mountain…to entertain him/ her as I had planned ahead when I bought this CRV.
    Last edited by CRVQD4; 04-23-2019 at 12:46 AM.

12. Thanksjimbob15 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    2019 Touring AWD. Just over 1,000 miles and so far so good.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by wjcook68 View Post
    2019 Touring AWD. Just over 1,000 miles and so far so good.
    I forgot to add, the wife drives 30 miles to work each way in it so it is probably reaching the proper temperatures to 'do it's thing'.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
    I got my CR V 2019 last two months, and it need 3 times for the oil change and fix. I really disappointed in the way Honda doing. They must do something for us.
    Are you saying you've had the oil changed three times in 900 miles of driving?

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by advmgm View Post
    Are you saying you've had the oil changed three times in 900 miles of driving?

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    This should be interesting...

17. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast