KBB 'Best Buy of 2019' awarded to the 2019 Honda CRV
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  70
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KBB 'Best Buy of 2019' awarded to the 2019 Honda CRV

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)

KBB 'Best Buy of 2019' awarded to the 2019 Honda CRV

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the...er/2000011401/

What’s the most recommendable small SUV for the most people? Once again, the answer is the Honda CR-V. In the five years the Kelley Blue Book Best Buy Awards have existed, Honda’s compact crossover has won its category four times. Given that the small SUV segment continues to grow in popularity with each, that’s no mean feat.

There are now more than a dozen small crossover SUVs competing for space in your garage. Almost all have at least one standout trait, but none are more well-rounded or more recommendable than the 2019 Honda CR-V.

2. Thanksrobbyg, rocky, perezdr thanked for this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Is there any Car organization left that has not rated the 2019 CR-V best vehicle of the year?
    On a side note it's really sad to see Toyota pulling in fourth place. I am sure heads are rolling in Japan. Nothing worst than releasing a really hyped up new Generation and then having it fall flat.
    I hope Toyota swallows their pride and goes back to the drawing board now rather than keep this dud for another 4 years. I am willing to go back to Toyota if they can match the interior luxury of the CRV and have an engine that has power but is not deafening.

Rob
    2018 White Diamond Pearl 1.5T AWD Black Leather, Panoramic Sun Roof, All LED Lighting and Made in Thailand.

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyg View Post
    Is there any Car organization left that has not rated the 2019 CR-V best vehicle of the year?
    On a side note it's really sad to see Toyota pulling in fourth place. I am sure heads are rolling in Japan. Nothing worst than releasing a really hyped up new Generation and then having it fall flat.
    I hope Toyota swallows their pride and goes back to the drawing board now rather than keep this dud for another 4 years. I am willing to go back to Toyota if they can match the interior luxury of the CRV and have an engine that has power but is not deafening.

Rob
    Yes there are;

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ruck/?slide=15

https://www.carmax.com/articles/best-compact-suvs

https://www.kbb.com/top-consumer-rat.../2019/?slide=1

https://www.edmunds.com/suv/?utm_med...CAAEgJPq_D_BwE

Edmunds resulted in a tie with CX-5. Crv was "Editor's Choice"

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Ehh I should have said compact SUV. No point comparing a CR-V to a $70,000 plus SUV.

eg. kbb rates the CR-V as best compact
    https://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the...er/2000011401/
    2018 White Diamond Pearl 1.5T AWD Black Leather, Panoramic Sun Roof, All LED Lighting and Made in Thailand.

8. ThanksDaekwan thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyg View Post
    I hope Toyota swallows their pride and goes back to the drawing board now rather than keep this dud for another 4 years.
    It might be longer than that. The previous generation RAV4 was around for 6 model years, and the generation before that was around for 7.

I don't think the current RAV4 is going anywhere. The RAV4 isn't the enthusiast pick, but it sells. A lot. The 6 year old model from the previous generation was the top selling non-pickup truck in America last year, so I don't think they have to worry about sales.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan84 View Post
    It might be longer than that. The previous generation RAV4 was around for 6 model years, and the generation before that was around for 7.

I don't think the current RAV4 is going anywhere. The RAV4 isn't the enthusiast pick, but it sells. A lot. The 6 year old model from the previous generation was the top selling non-pickup truck in America last year, so I don't think they have to worry about sales.
    You are almost certainly right! I seriously doubt they will do any major changes after the millions they have spent retooling the manufacturing plants. I was just wishing out loud as I really do like Toyota but this latest version even before its release was a real turn off.

My wife absolutely hates the way the front end looks. I am also not that fond of the truck front end.
    Honestly there is not much about the styling that I do like. The square wheel arches just look weird. I also hate infotainment systems that stick up in front of the windscreen. Also I don't think I would ever find a replacement stereo system that would fit if I wanted to upgrade. Overall I might be able to live with all of these issues but now that it has been tested and the reviews are in I just cannot see myself ever buying this vehicle. I really hope your wrong about six years! I really would have liked to have had a choice when I move on from the Gen5 CR-V in two years time.

Rob

Thanks (Received)
    Without reading all of the above links I would suggest a look-see at the Subaru Forester. If Suburu had a nearby dealer that'd likely have been my choice.
    This recommendation was gleamed from past Consumer Report evals /reviews. YMMV.
    Last edited by Wrascal; 03-06-2019 at 10:43 PM.

Thanks (Received)
    What good are top ratings if a car manufacturer can' fix known problems and are a pain in the A** to deal with :=(

13. Thanksrd082298 thanked for this post
    crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    What good are top ratings if a car manufacturer can' fix known problems and are a pain in the A** to deal with :=(
    Anyone ever tried to get a Subaru dealership to fix warranty items? Mine is a bastard. Blamed a washer bottle failure on us hitting bumps too hard. Car was almost brand new.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    These awards are worthless. KBB names the CR-V a Best Buy and then names Subaru as the Most Trusted Brand. Honda apparently cannot be trusted as much.
    https://www.kbb.com/new-cars/brand-i...trusted-brand/

16. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast