2017 CRV Touring AWD Cabin Heat and Engine Temperature Problems - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 CRV Touring AWD Cabin Heat and Engine Temperature Problems

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2017hondacrv0112 View Post
    Hi guys, I wanted to provide an update.

I called Honda Corp yesterday, and I got passed around around a bunch of times. The first person I spoke to was understanding to my situation and was saying to me that she sits in her car a lot too and can see how I may be bothered of what's happening.

My last stop of being transferred around brought me to Customer Relations. The person heard me out but she explained because the dealer said what I'm experiencing is 'normal' they can't do anything for me. I went on to explain the car is advertised to have heat. The rep asked me where did I see this, and I mentioned the webpage. She went on to say Honda dealers are independently owned and operated. Got a lot of running around. She asked me to hold on while she checked the owner's manual. At that point I asked to speak to someone higher up than she. I'm suppose to hear from someone tomorrow. Keep you guys posted.
    Pretty sad when Honda's Customer Relations has to look into the manual to see/prove if your car has a heater.

Just be be just I went and looked what I bought. Yep, it is a Honda not a Yugo. LOL
    Last edited by dstein; 03-26-2019 at 04:08 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2017hondacrv0112 View Post
    Hi guys, I wanted to provide an update.

I called Honda Corp yesterday, and I got passed around around a bunch of times. The first person I spoke to was understanding to my situation and was saying to me that she sits in her car a lot too and can see how I may be bothered of what's happening.

My last stop of being transferred around brought me to Customer Relations. The person heard me out but she explained because the dealer said what I'm experiencing is 'normal' they can't do anything for me. I went on to explain the car is advertised to have heat. The rep asked me where did I see this, and I mentioned the webpage. She went on to say Honda dealers are independently owned and operated. Got a lot of running around. She asked me to hold on while she checked the owner's manual. At that point I asked to speak to someone higher up than she. I'm suppose to hear from someone tomorrow. Keep you guys posted.
    Honda customer service always starts off pleasant. I believe that as soon as they learn you have a heat or oil dilution problem they refer to the big plastic covered standard response cheat sheet which says, "Sorry your CRV is operating as designed, is there anything else I can help you with?". Pretty sad. I would be shocked if you get any other answer from the "higher up" person.

4. ThanksGenesis thanked for this post
    crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dstein View Post

Just be be just I went and looked what I bought. Yep, it is a Honda not a Yugo. LOL
    Just had to interject this old joke...

Even the Yugo had a hand heater. The rear window defroster would keep your hands warm while you were pushing the car.
    2019 Acura RDX Advance Pkg
    Previously owned Hondas:
    2018 CR-V Touring 2WD (Traded 1/22/19 for '19 RDX)
    2014 CR-V EX-L Navi
    2001 Civic EX 5 Spd

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    I bought a 2018 crv ex 1.5L turbo in December and have had nothing but problems ever since . Takes a long time to heat up and temp gage goes to zero when going down a long hill , raw gas smell in the cabin , and oil level on the dipstick is about 1/4'' over the full mark .The vehicle has 2850 miles on it and is jet black , had the oil changed yesterday and the service writer handed me a product characteristic sheet that says ''THIS IS A NORMAL OCCURANCE WITH THIS ENGINE'' not in my world ! I traded for a Toyota today with the DS4 dual injection which gets decent reviews . This isn't a dealer problem it's a HONDA problem , this was my first and last Honda for me .

Thanks (Received)
    Must be a slow day for 'yota sales people.
    2017 stripped EX-L - unmolested by the dealership
    Built July 2017, Indiana USA

MAN LAW - raise your hood once a week and have a look

Thanks (Received)
    we bought our '17 EX in July of '17 and love it for the most part. We are in the Harrisburg PA area, where winters are generally mild. It was not until that Christmas that we noticed the heating issue. We head to Canada (Quebec) every year for the holiday. The first morning there, I went out to the car after remote starting and letting it run for 10 minutes the car was ice cold, blowing cold air. It was about -7deg F outside, but still, our '09 subaru forester would have heated nicely by then. That was when I got educated about the smaller displacement engine (1.5l vs. 2.5l), and just simply not producing enough heat. We hopped in and drove to the inlaws (about 15 minute drive). By the time we got there, we were warm. I do know that Honda sells cold weather packages for some of the CRV's, but not sure what is included. For us, as this is typically 7 days out of the year, we just live with it.
    2017 CRV EX,
    Mechanicsburg, PA

Thanks (Received)
    So........in that 15 minute drive did the engine displacement increase, as the motor warmed up? In that same 15 minute drive, how much did that -7F outside temp increase? If the radio didn't work, would you just live with it? Pay a visit to the dealership with the problem, but be pleasant. See what happens before you get in their face.

Our 1.8L Corolla 4 cyl.and 1.0L 3 cyl. Metro made plenty of heat, as does our CRV.
    Last edited by crv383; 03-28-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks (Received)
    the most common 3 issues are a broken heater blower motor, a problem with the thermostat, or a failed heater blower motor resistor.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dianepiepan View Post
    the most common 3 issues are a broken heater blower motor, a problem with the thermostat, or a failed heater blower motor resistor.
    I wish it was that simple....... Honda doesn't know how to fix it. Their way to fix it is say that's the way it works---just go way So I did

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dianepiepan View Post
    I'll add one more item to your valid issues list.......a faulty trap door that controls the amount of air flow thru the heater core and into the cabin.

14. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast