After Engine Dilution Fix, car oil alert came on, car died on hwy - Page 5
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  38
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: After Engine Dilution Fix, car oil alert came on, car died on hwy

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyg View Post
    If engine shut downs meant automatic accidents we would have hundreds of them each day in every state.
    No, it does not mean automatic accident, but it is not NEVER. Remember that other cars may be tail gating you...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhonda View Post
    I see the usual ex-hall monitors coming out to shout ‘troll’. Maybe give the guy the opportunity to show his story is true. Maybe he is, but maybe not.
    No kidding! If someone new to this forum reads some of the responses they will probably think twice about ever posting anything. Lets try to give the guy an opportunity to fill in his story before drawing your own conclusions.

4. Thankscocofalco thanked for this post
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    no it didn,t!

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Seems like this thread turned south with the second post.
    2017 stripped EX-L - unmolested by the dealership
    Built July 2017, Indiana USA

MAN LAW - raise your hood once a week and have a look

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by crv383 View Post
    Seems like this thread turned south with the second post.
    So the vehicle was a total loss. My insurance will cover everything less the engine. Progressive said since it was an engine defect that caused the accident that is not covered and I will need reimbursement from Honda. At this point 1. Service center refuses discussion. 2. Honda America refuses discussion.

I highly recommend that nobody purchase these vehicles as Honda is refusing warranty service and dealerships will not help. Your only course, like mine, will be through actual litigation.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ulieq View Post
    So the vehicle was a total loss. My insurance will cover everything less the engine. Progressive said since it was an engine defect that caused the accident that is not covered and I will need reimbursement from Honda. At this point 1. Service center refuses discussion. 2. Honda America refuses discussion.

I highly recommend that nobody purchase these vehicles as Honda is refusing warranty service and dealerships will not help. Your only course, like mine, will be through actual litigation.
    Wow that is pathetic. Did you find out more about what caused the engine failure? It would be great to get more information on what led to this.

Thanks (Received)

So the insurance company says the vehicle is a total right off and will pay to replace the vehicle minus the engine because the engine was defective and caused the accident
    Last edited by robbyg; 03-26-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    2018 White Diamond Pearl 1.5T AWD Black Leather, Panoramic Sun Roof, All LED Lighting and Made in Thailand.

Thanks (Received)

Ok, maybe I was wrong. You do sound like a troll. Where is your evidence of an engine defect? They would need to tear it down to determine that, which obviously did not happen.

I apologize to those I challenged earlier.

12. Thanksrobbyg, GW208, JB in AZ, MangoConChile thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    So the vehicle was a total loss. My insurance will cover everything less the engine. Progressive said since it was an engine defect that caused the accident that is not covered and I will need reimbursement from Honda.....
    Ah huh...

And what about the "other guy" ??? Presumably you got rear ended. Normally the fault lies on the following vehicle for failure to stop, causing an accident. I would imagine that the insurance company would assign blame to that driver not you.
    2019 Acura RDX Advance Pkg
    Previously owned Hondas:
    2018 CR-V Touring 2WD (Traded 1/22/19 for '19 RDX)
    2014 CR-V EX-L Navi
    2001 Civic EX 5 Spd

14. ThanksMangoConChile, robbyg thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyg View Post
    So the insurance company says the vehicle is a total right off and will pay to replace the vehicle minus the engine because the engine was defective and caused the accident
    I call B.S. on this.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

16. ThanksMMA_DON thanked for this post
  17. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements