Motorweek Comparison of top selling 2019 Compact SUV's
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  9
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Motorweek Comparison of top selling 2019 Compact SUV's

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

Motorweek Comparison of top selling 2019 Compact SUV's

Today on Motorweek they did a seven vehicle comparison for the following 2019 MY compact SUV's;
    WW Tiguan
    Hyundai Tuscon
    Jeep Cherokee
    Nissan Rogue
    Toyota Rav4
    Subaru Forester
    Honda CR-V

After all the comparisons were completed the following did not make the top four; Rogue, Cherokee & Rav4. The final four finished as follows;
    1 - WW Tiguan
    2 - Subaru Forester
    3 - Hyundai Tuscon
    4 - Honda CR-V

I personally tested the Tiguan this past week and found it to be very nice in all aspects. Only thing I really noticed were that the seat bottoms had very little support and were on the hard side. Noisy under acceleration and on the pricey side as you had to add another $1,295 to get all of the safety features in the Tuscon. Also built in Mexico did not sit well with me.
    I know the ratings do not carry a lot of weight but the comments by the reviewers were interesting and I thought they did a nice job here. I am sure you could catch the show via the internet if interested.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Most of these cars are very similar with features, powertrains, etc, I think it just a matter of preference or brand loyalty when it comes to choosing a vehicle in this class since there are no clear winners. Either way all cars on that list are very good for their intended use. I would not mind if CRV had 3rd row seat for kids like tiguan and rogue. There is enough room for it especially if they would have sliding 2nd row seat.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandun View Post
    Most of these cars are very similar with features, powertrains, etc, I think it just a matter of preference or brand loyalty when it comes to choosing a vehicle in this class since there are no clear winners. Either way all cars on that list are very good for their intended use. I would not mind if CRV had 3rd row seat for kids like tiguan and rogue. There is enough room for it especially if they would have sliding 2nd row seat.
    I'm with you on the 3rd row option. 3 rows IS an option in Australia on the CR-V. I'm a bit perplexed as to why the new passport doesn't even have a 3rd row, unless they just want to keep from cannibalizing the Pilot sales too much. I'm guessing that's a big part of it.

I also really wish Honda would have let us customize our vehicle a little more by taking some of the standard "upgrades" that you get with the various trim levels and making them options instead. Stuff like engine choice, sunroof, navigation system, etc.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore fubarnow's Avatar
    Thanks (Received)
    Motorweek is a Joke.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    I love the look of the Tiguan however VW reliability scares me to death.

8. ThanksSportyaccordy thanked for this post
    crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    They have absolutely not credibility in my view.

Just a few months ago the 2019 RAV4 "was their small SUV pick of the year." Yet now, it cannot even place in the top 4. Oh my... LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3549M6pfiw

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MangoConChile View Post
    I love the look of the Tiguan however VW reliability scares me to death.
    I was told by various mechanics and car enthusiasts that VW are impossible to do DYI maintenance, and they cost an arm and a leg to get it serviced. I don't know about the Tiguan specifically but this is what I found.
    Name:  tiguan.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  20.2 KB
    Last edited by BBLee; 04-01-2019 at 12:05 PM.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBLee View Post
    I was told by various mechanics and car enthusiasts that VW are impossible to do DYI maintenance, and they cost an arm and a leg to get it serviced. I don't know about the Tiguan specifically but this is what I found.
    Name:  tiguan.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  20.2 KB
    It's pretty standard oil change. Just need a special allen key for the drain bolt. Actually looks as easy as the CRV. It's about 10-15 dollars more because of 6 quarts of oil.

Thanks (Received)
    Local dealer here charges $90 however that oil change only happens every 9,000 miles or 1 per yr whichever comes first.

Thanks (Received)
    I watched it and liked the video but the problem was that the three guys had wildly different interests in what they wanted in an SUV. In the end it seemed to be all about the one or two things that they could all agree on versus finding the best overall vehicle.
    2018 White Diamond Pearl 1.5T AWD Black Leather, Panoramic Sun Roof, All LED Lighting and Made in Thailand.

14. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast