2017 Touring noise
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Touring noise

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

2017 Touring noise

Hello Folks, Recently got a used 2017 Touring with miles at 30K, while test driving it seemed all ok. But now when I drive at 50mph there is a some kind of noise coming from back of the CR-V. Its just bothers me a lot, I have driven same CR-V (from a friend of mine) it doesnt have same noise at the same speed. I am not talking about road noise or CVT but some other noise.

DO you have any similar experience, if so can you please share how it is fixed and what is the problem.

Thanks a lot!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Define the noise better please.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by j2eelife View Post
    Hello Folks, Recently got a used 2017 Touring with miles at 30K, while test driving it seemed all ok. But now when I drive at 50mph there is a some kind of noise coming from back of the CR-V. Its just bothers me a lot, I have driven same CR-V (from a friend of mine) it doesnt have same noise at the same speed. I am not talking about road noise or CVT but some other noise.

DO you have any similar experience, if so can you please share how it is fixed and what is the problem.

Thanks a lot!
    From a thread on 5th Gen issues:

Noise/vibrations from underneath the vehicle at highway speeds (+60 mph) - Reason: unbalanced or defective driveshafts. - Solution: have dealer replace the defective parts.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    There have been reports of improperly tightened sway bars on that model, and I think there was a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for that. I'm guessing that might be what you're hearing, absent any vibration that would indicate a drive shaft problem.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

crv|oc Rank: Senior fishycomics's Avatar
    Thanks (Received)
    When was the last rear diff fluid change? I'll guess that first.
    k ROADSTER

Thanks (Received)
    thank you all for your feedback

Thanks (Received)
    Hi, after the feedback I took it to the honda dealer for quick inspection(I actually purchased my CR-V 2017 Touring from a non Honda dealer).
    The Honda dealer said the Tries are the problem it has flat spots. I am not sure if he really did a real road test and determined it. But neverthless I have to assume its the flat spot in the tires. Honda dealer says the dealer where I purchased my CR-V should replace the tires. I am asking is that true and how do I pitch that with the dealer I purchase the CRV from. I called him twice already he is not responding to my calls. any advice is much appreciated.

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    The Honda 3 year/36K mile bumper-to-bumper warranty would cover, I would think. Tires may not be covered by Honda. I would think a flat spot could be seen.....have you jacked the rear tires off the ground, spun them and observed?

Get out your owner's manual/info and review the warranty. I doubt the dealer you bought it from would cover anything under a Honda warranty or tire manufacturer warranty.
    Last edited by crv383; 04-14-2019 at 10:49 PM.
    2017 stripped EX-L - unmolested by the dealership
    Built July 2017, Indiana USA

MAN LAW - raise your hood once a week and have a look

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Just rotate the tires, front to rear, and see if the noise follows. If it doesn't, you at least ruled out the tires.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    Tire cupping? I wouldn't expect suspension issues to be the cause at 30k miles but maybe the tires have been driven without proper balancing/rotation. If so, I'm surprised the dealer didn't replace the tires before the sale.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast